TalkBeer Single Barrel Bourbon - A new barrel!

Help Support Talkbeer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene

Just happy to be here
What makes it not TB 003?
Gene saying "this is not TalkBeer 003"
Okay. So Gene, why isn't this TalkBeer 003?
I can't remember whether I went into detail on this previously, but this pick was sort of an impromptu thing, and we didn't solicit the help of other TB'ers, etc... I wanted to save the official numbering for picks that went through a more 'official' process.

Sadly, while we hoped to do the next official one while we were out in Kentucky for the Shelton Brothers festival this year, travel arrangements and distillery schedules did not cooperate. So, hopefully soon enough! We are looking into some interesting options outside of Kentucky, too. :)

I can't remember whether I went into detail on this previously, but this pick was sort of an impromptu thing, and we didn't solicit the help of other TB'ers, etc... I wanted to save the official numbering for picks that went through a more 'official' process.

Sadly, while we hoped to do the next official one while we were out in Kentucky for the Shelton Brothers festival this year, travel arrangements and distillery schedules did not cooperate. So, hopefully soon enough! We are looking into some interesting options outside of Kentucky, too. :)

dan

Doc

Cmon SAOS Cask Strength pick! :)

quoting a quote
100% behind this but wouldnt that be like picking a barrel from someone else's previously selected barrels?

You can pick your friends.
You can pick your nose.
But you cant pick your friend's nose.

Or something like that?

So would a SOAS bourbon pick, right? I thought the only whiskey they are making themselves is the Yearling.

Shame Gene can't just go to LDI and buy a barrel of 8-10 year old Rye...
Yea, I meant to quote both of you but things got weird when I quoted you because nothing showed up in my reply since I was quoting a post that was just an edit of a previous quote. :confused:

Holy shit ive confused myself with what im trying to say.

I packed prolly 1/4 of a bottle of 002 during out move and still haven't found it....

I think it's at the bottom of a box that got shoved in the closet...

I should probably find that, but I kinda want to keep forgetting about it. It's comforting to know it's still around... somewhere.
Are you me? I think I have a bit of 002 and another bottle buried somewhere in the boxes from my move about 10 months ago. I need to go spelunking in my basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.