TB Fantasy Football - SEASON V

Help Support Talkbeer:

BACK TO BACK! Ashley Schaeffer BMW retains the shoe!

Zach Ertz leads the way with 29 in what was an all-around great performance by BMW. Hooked on Pils had a solid week as well, but finished 24.5 behind and will settle for 2nd.

Over in the 3rd place game, newcomer Jack Burton's Reflexes easily dispatched of Black Butte Fumbles to grab the final box.

Mateoloco mentioned on TB that he secured the Bad Coaching Move of the Week. But I'm not going to be that hard on Matt. Breida got hurt, so you can't fault that. I guess getting cute on kicker was kind of a screw-up, but it's kickers, they are too fluky and hard to predict week in and week out. (I think I'm getting rid of them next year)

Maybe I could give the award to Gabe for somehow managing to score only 29 points!

Bad Coach of the Week
Week 1 - Jack Burton's Reflexes
Week 2 - Bill & Gene's Pedo Adventure
Week 3 - NorCal Bulls
Week 4 - NorCal Bulls
Week 5 - Sante Ladarius Green
Week 6 - Jack Burton's Reflexes
Week 7 - Whatever Gabe's Current Team Name Is
Week 8 - Team Patrick
Week 9 - None
Week 10 - None
Week 11 - Hooked on Pils
Week 12 - Team Patrick
Week 13 - NorCal Bulls
Week 14 - Hate the Drake
Week 15 - Jack Burton's Reflexes
Week 16 - None

Now, the moment you've all been waiting for... draft recap!

Round 1
Best : Barkley by Black Butte Fumbles. Gurley has obviously been the best, but I'll give it to Dave for snagging Barkley at 9.
Worst : Bell by Garage Doctors. Nothing more needs to be said here.

Round 2
Best : McCaffrey by Hate the Drake. Number 2 RB in fantasy grabbed at 17.
Worst : TIE Cook by NorCal Bulls and Gronk by SLG. Cook is performing now, too little too late, and Gronk has been a huge disappointment as the #10 TE.

Round 3
Best : Kelce by Hooked on Pils. 1 TE and would be ranked around 5th among all pass catchers.
Worst : Freeman by Spent Hops. Relegated to the bench by Lindsay. (My pick of McCoy was pretty bad too)

Round 4
Best : Juju by SLG. 8th ranked WR and good value at 43.
Worst : Hogan by HoP. I remember how tons of people loved him pre-draft, he's the 72nd ranked WR.

Round 5
Best : Woods by BMW. 10th ranked WR grabbed at 53.
Worst : Engram by NorCal Bulls. I thought Engram was going to be in the conversation with best TEs. But instead, he's been a banged up bust.

Round 6
Best : Carson by BMW. He's only the 17th ranked RB, but his recent tear came at the right time for Greg.
Worst : TIE Goodwin by NorCal and Cobb by Black Butte. Goodwin's value sank like a rock when Garoppolo went down. Cobb has been hurt and/or ineffective all year.

Round 7
Best : Watson by Jack Burton's Reflexes. No great picks in this round, but the #5 QB at 75 is pretty good value.
Worst : Jones by Garage Doctors. A rookie RB that did not pan out.

Round 8
Best : AP by SLG. It's kind of amazing how well AP has played this year, he's 16 at RB.
Worst : Agholor by Patrick. He might not be on the list if Foles had been QB all year...

Round 9
Best : White by NorCal. Holy shit I did something right! #8 RB at 106.
Worst : Benjamin by Spent Hops. Benjamin has done nothing this year other than getting cut and getting fat.

Round 10
Best : Lockett by SLG. Solid value with the 17th WR @ 115.
Worst : Hurns by NorCal. Now rides the pine in Dallas.

Round 11
Best : Kittle by Hate the Drake. Amazing #3 TE even with a 3rd string QB for many weeks.
Worst : Booker by BMW. I think this was the only bad thing Greg did all year.

Round 12
Best : Mahomes by Hate the Drake. Best BQ in fantasy was drafted after about a dozen others. (Roethlisberger the #2 QB was taken in this round too.)
Worst : Clay by Bill and Gene. Buffalo TE is black hole this year.

Round 13
Best : Chubb by HoP. It took a little bit, but the Browns wised up and made him their lead back.
Worst : Mariota by Spent Hops. He's not even worth rostering at this point...

Round 14
Best : Ravens D by Jack Burton. Not much to go with this round, but the Ravens are the #2 D in fantasy.
Worst : Bryant by Patrick. Dez didn't play a down all season.

Round 15
Best : Connor by HoP. Was one of the best RBs in fantasy before his recent injury.
Worst : Boswell by Garage Doctors. I don't know what happened to the Boz, but he has been awful this year.

Round 16
Best : Titans D by Spent Hops. Waited and got the 6th ranked D in the final round.
Worst : Bailey by Bill and Gene? Nothing was really good or bad in this round...

Once again, terrific season gentleman! I can't believe it's over, but year 5 is in the books. I'll get the winners picking who they want shipped to them. Greg is getting 5 boxes and keeping the shoe. Matt gets 3 and Nate 1.

Sometime in the summer, we will have to talk about if we want to make any changes to the league. As mentioned earlier, I definitely want to 86 kickers.

And that wraps this up. Congrats winners and thanks again for playing everyone!

Congrats gregkoko! It's impressive when every single position player scores a TD and when all but 2 score 2 TDs.

flexabull I nominate myself for the bad coaching award. If I had played CJ Anderson over Breida I would have left Janikowski in rather than punting kicker till Monday. That would have given me 160.9 (to gregkoko's 159.8). I earned that bad coaching award damnit.

Merry Christmas!
Cut yourself some slack. Even though you wound up making the wrong calls here, you really helped me through my Gurley dilemma.

You led me to
1) Switch kickers, benching Prater (14 pts) - my replacement was Jake Elliott (10 pts)
2) Start someone in the early games, rather than adding CJ Anderson (23 pts). I used Robby Anderson (29 pts), which worked out great!

So your two pieces of advice led me to +2 points over where I would have been.

Oh and I won 209 - 134 :cool:

lambandtunaphish sent me my first ever box on TB and never fails to blow people up. He also for some insane reason texts me for fantasy football advice as we're both degenerates in way too many leagues. Anyway, on to the beer!
20190119_121134.jpg
I asked for pils and lagers and Matt delivered big time! Love Jack's Abby, looking forward to that Lager Wine. Resurgam is from 2016!

OEC always makes good and weird stuff- Hokusai (smaller OEC bottle) "is a special blend using Imperium (our wheat-wine ale) aged in red wine barrels for 18 months, and a young ale brewed using Japanese red rice. The 2 ales are blended and matured on steam extracted raspberry juice from Evergreen Berry Farm in Watertown, CT." Looking forward to their take on lagers and pilsners as well.

Thanks so much for all the beer, Matt! Hopefully the Chiefs will give me something to cheer about this weekend.

First box arrived today from housepants

Full box of new ticks. All in the fridge and ready to go. Super psyched

Mystic Clementine Frappe IPA
Mystic DDH Illegal Dance Moves x2
Mystic DDH Saturation x2
Night Shift Gentle Twist
Night Shift Living Dead
Exhibit A Hair Raiser

Thanks again Patrick!

Next box in from Snarf

This thing was bomb proof

Tickled my pils itch

Brevard Dunkel
Brevard Pils
Four Saints Delicieux (Brandy Barleywine)
Oxbow BA Farmhouse Pale
Plan Bee Barn Beer
Oxbow Farmhouse Pale
Allagash Coolship Resurgam
Casita Cerveceria Nutella (no I will not shotgun this)
Sierra Nevada Southern Gothic Pils

I think the only one I've had is Allagash and I fucking love Resurgam. Super stoked to get into the rest of these. Cans are already in the fridge. Thanks Gabe!

flexabull dropping bombs today!

Opened this up and sipping on a Brevard Dunkel which is really hitting the spot. Been having a shitty week so this is a nice distraction

First the stickers

Then the beers!

New Glory Flippin Good and Cocoa Gigio
Moon Raker Riip Raker DIPA and Gam Gam Blackberry Cobbler
Wildcard Silver Lining
Southern Grist Teal Shine
Moska Space Buddies
New Glory Ubahdank IPA
Firestone Peachy Bones
Modern Times Nitro Black House with Coffee, Coconut, and Cocoa

So so stoked for this box. Thanks again Paul!

IPAs are in the fridge and the rest isn't far behind

flexabull dropping bombs today!

Opened this up and sipping on a Brevard Dunkel which is really hitting the spot. Been having a shitty week so this is a nice distraction

First the stickers

Then the beers!

New Glory Flippin Good and Cocoa Gigio
Moon Raker Riip Raker DIPA and Gam Gam Blackberry Cobbler
Wildcard Silver Lining
Southern Grist Teal Shine
Moska Space Buddies
New Glory Ubahdank IPA
Firestone Peachy Bones
Modern Times Nitro Black House with Coffee, Coconut, and Cocoa

So so stoked for this box. Thanks again Paul!

IPAs are in the fridge and the rest isn't far behind
Drink that Riip Raker ASAP. It was still delicious a couple of weeks ago.

Enjoy!

20190313_184316.jpg
A great big box from axeman9182. Nice mix of styles and breweries! All new ticks except for Mary, which is one of the best pilsners I've ever had. And is that a homebrew on the left? I need details! And let me know if I missed any beers; there was a lot of newspaper to dig through ;) Thanks so much!

View attachment 5508
A great big box from axeman9182. Nice mix of styles and breweries! All new ticks except for Mary, which is one of the best pilsners I've ever had. And is that a homebrew on the left? I need details! And let me know if I missed any beers; there was a lot of newspaper to dig through ;) Thanks so much!
That looks like everything. The homebrew on the left is a mead I made with meadowfoam honey and cocoa nibs. Let me know what you think when you try it.

wittyname dropping BOMBSSSS

Two bottles of Old Hickory Event Horizon - I haven't had this in forever but I remember absolutely loving it.

Burial Censured for Vices - Foudre aged Pilsner. Yes and please

Brewery Bhavana Patina Dark 1, Patina Gold 1, and Sylvan - respectively Dark sour on cherries blueberries and raspberries, golden sour on peaches and a wine barrel aged saison. I am stoked to try these. Have not heard of the brewery before but they sound great .

Fonta Flora Urban Monk and Fuyu - My wife was especially excited when she read the Fuyu label

Burial Crown of Divination - Chai milk stout
Deep River Imperial Milk Stout
Casita Cerveceria Nutella

Thanks again so much for the box Dave!

Last of my first loser boxes from libbey!
When I said I wanted pilsners and lagers he asked if I would be ok with a whole box of them.

20190320_193113.jpg
Cans are Wayfinder helles lager and dopplebock
Pfriem pilsner and vienna lager
Heater Allen pils and helles lager
Ferment 12° pils

Thanks so much for these; just what I asled for!

When I said I wanted pilsners and lagers he asked if I would be ok with a whole box of them.

View attachment 5708
Ferment 12° pils

PNW lager game is SO strong.

View attachment 5708
Ferment 12° pils

Enjoy!

When I saw the Russian River cap I thought "sweet a tion beer . I love those" then BrandoSF goes and drops a MFing T-30 on me!!!

Also
Rare Barrel Another World
Moonraker Mosaic Double
Significant Otter
Zwickel Me Timbers
Death and Taxes (love this beer)
Sunshine of Opportunity
Leafy Green
Willtized Coffee Stout

Thanks again!

When I saw the Russian River cap I thought "sweet a tion beer . I love those" then BrandoSF goes and drops a MFing T-30 on me!!!

Also
Rare Barrel Another World
Moonraker Mosaic Double
Alvarado Street Significant Otter
New Glory Zwickel Me Timbers
Moonlight Death and Taxes (love this beer)
Almanac Sunshine of Opportunity
Revision Leafy Green
Lagunitas Willetized Coffee Stout

Thanks again!
Added brewery names to the above.

Latest posts