TB SDBW bottleshare

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nanobrew1

Reaction score
I know a lot of you TBers are going to be in town for the Shelton event in LA and for SDBW. To kick things off I am opening my house for a TB bottle share. This event is open to any TBer (or friends) local or visiting I am thinking of getting the event catered by a Mexican place next to me, cost should be around $10 per person for all you can eat. I know a lot of you are traveling so I will have as many glasses available as possible. I also have a **** ton of bottles I want to open, so no worries about bring much or anything.

Details
When: November 7th at 6:30pm
Where Nanobrew's house (3985 Wabaska Dr #7, San Diego, CA 92107)

Please let me know if you are planning on coming so I can get a rough head count. for ordering food and preparing my wife for the madness.

Current bottles I plan on opening:

Grey Monday
Mocha Wednesday
Black Butte XXI, XXIII, XIV
Nicene
Veritas 011
CFH '13
Homemade soda (thinking a lemon & lime hop soda)
+ more and of course some condolambics

Last edited:
I thought Banker was going to host this year. There was a Facebook invite that went out for it. Are we changing venues?

Yeah I thought Banker was doing it again this year.

Or is this a TB-only, ****-those-other-guys-I'm-too-lazy-to-drive bottleshare?

I thought Banker was going to host this year. There was a Facebook invite that went out for it. Are we changing venues?

Sorry for any confusion with local people. This is a different share than the standard SDBW. I did not want to impose on Banker's by inviting a bunch of TB people there. That group already has an invite list of around 120 people, so adding to it seemed a little extreme, and possibly a little overwhelming for people coming in from out of town. I am not meaning to step on toes or make it hard to decide where to go (but only one share will have a dog that likes belly rubs).

Last edited:
Sorry for any confusion with local people. This is a different share than the standard SDBW. I did not want to impose on Banker's by inviting a bunch of TB people there. That group already has an invite list of around 120 people, so adding to it seemed a little extreme, and possible a little overwhelming for people coming in from out of town. I am not meaning to step on toes or make it hard to decide where to go (but only one share will have a dog that likes belly rubs).

The goal was to have it more central in the county but no one has stepped up to host. So it's back to Banker's. Bummed this will be splitting up people that have gone to the kickoff share the past few years.

The goal was to have it more central in the county but no one has stepped up to host. So it's back to Banker's. Bummed this will be splitting up people that have gone to the kickoff share the past few years.

I hear you. I am just getting too old/worn out with driving long distances. A mid-county place would have been nice, but for the size of the crowd I think we need to start looking into renting a place, whether a bar, brewery, or generic place . The size of the group pushes the limits on any condo or small home.

I am guessing there will only be a few locals who choose the small party at my place compared to the SDBW ritual share.

Sorry for any confusion with local people. This is a different share than the standard SDBW. I did not want to impose on Banker's by inviting a bunch of TB people there. That group already has an invite list of around 120 people, so adding to it seemed a little extreme, and possibly a little overwhelming for people coming in from out of town. I am not meaning to step on toes or make it hard to decide where to go (but only one share will have a dog that likes belly rubs).

Bichons and bottles? I'm in. Maybe. If my girlfriend/logistics allow it. We'll be in touch.

Bummed I can't attend the 120 person share, I was hoping for so many 1/6 of an ounce ticks

How many? Planning on doing it in November and trying to figure out how many to invite with BT vert plus Grey Monday Vert.

I don't remember since this was a campout and we took the leftovers around to other sites. But a lot of us didn't have a whole lot since we had a ton of other beers to get through.

I wouldn't even want more than 3oz per of those beers.
How many oz do you want each person to have? BT is roughly 25oz.

I'd think 8 would be the most you'd need?

Thinking 2 oz each for 12 people. When we did our dark lord semi-vert (05-14) with all southern tier stouts as a warm up, we had 9 people and I ended up having to hair of the dog all of the half finished bottles over the next day and a half. Was diabetes inducing.

You had me at condolambics. I think this is gonna be the year I go to one bar everyday and let the madness come to me. I'm pretty much already sold on two beer dinners at obriens. So there's that.

wait, this is starting at the same time as the SDBGF?

Yes, I've never been to SDBGF. I've always been drawn to the smaller events of SDBW instead of the BGF.

Yes, I've never been to SDBGF. I've always been drawn to the smaller events of SDBW instead of the BGF.

I get it... I avoid local brew fests usually too... but being from out of town, it's probably more enjoyable to us

For sure. With 10 days of events the BGF is always in the middle of events I want to attend, and there are only so many trips that I can make to SD. I'm still up in the air on this bottle share. It's all going to come down to whether or not I get tickets for Lost Abbey's barrel night event.

For sure. With 10 days of events the BGF is always in the middle of events I want to attend, and there are only so many trips that I can make to SD. I'm still up in the air on this bottle share. It's all going to come down to whether or not I get tickets for Lost Abbey's barrel night event.

can you share where all the other events are listed? I only have the Friday Night VIP tix... not Saturday as that's the Shelton Festival in LA

Back