Temecula, any good breweries?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopHeadScott

Reaction score
So I'm sitting at the airport, about to take off to Ontario, driving to Temecula for the weekend to visit the grandson along with a winery or 2, and some breweries, if any are worthy.
Anyone know any there worth visiting? I've had Black Market in a pub near my house and it was good.
Or, do I drive to San Diego instead?
Thinking of hitting Alpine at opening tomorrow to get my growler filled.

Life revolves around beer, right?

Ironfire is aight. Refuge makes that Blood Orange Wit that seems fairly popular. Blind Pig Brewing would have probably been an excellent spot but you've had his terrible beers up around your place before I think ;)

Stopped at Black Market last weekend and dug it. Really impressive pale ale and they have a variety of syrups for the berliner if thats your thing. Nice space overall with 2 bars and a clean design.

The best beer in Temecula is at my house! Aside form that, the ones I frequent are Ironfire, Black Market, and Electric Brewing Co. Refuge is great if you like Belgians, and Aftershock has some decent offerings as well.

The best taproom in the area is Backyard Bottleshop and Taproom in Murrieta. Great tap list and bottles to go. For gourmet food with great beer go to Sorrel Bistro by the mall. They almost always have Pliny on plus 15 or so other good handles and bottles. Great bourbon and wine selection as well.

Wineries, go to Gershon Bachus if they are open. Hands down the best of the bunch in Temecula. We also really like Danza Del Sol.

Great feedback, thanks.
I ended up driving to Alpine for growler fills of Nelson, and we're supposed to go to The Garage Brewery tonight, which nobody mentioned, crap!

Great feedback, thanks.
I ended up driving to Alpine for growler fills of Nelson, and we're supposed to go to The Garage Brewery tonight, which nobody mentioned, crap!
Yeah Garage is extremely meh... The pizza is great but nothing stands out about the beer. Not terrible, by any means, but nothing spectacular either. Garage is literally right down the street from Aftershock (almost a stones throw) and they have some great stouts, not a huge fan of their hoppy beers but that's just me. For great beer and fantastic food, albeit pricier than Garage pizza, go to Sorrel Bistro. Just a suggestion.

After hammering a large portion of my Nelson growler, nothing will compare. I'll do whatever my family wants to do.
There's always tomorrow!

After hammering a large portion of my Nelson growler, nothing will compare. I'll do whatever my family wants to do.
There's always tomorrow!
Not sure if we could meet up while you're here. We have plans tonight and are doing the AleSmith 5k tomorrow down in SD. Probably doing AleSmith, Societe, MT, etc after the run. Not sure what we have going on tomorrow night.

Not sure if we could meet up while you're here. We have plans tonight and are doing the AleSmith 5k tomorrow down in SD. Probably doing AleSmith, Societe, MT, etc after the run. Not sure what we have going on tomorrow night.
Nice man! You're supposed to load up on carbs before the run, ha!

I'm back for a few days and just checked that backyard bottle shop online. They have a Hell of a tap list!
I couldn't find what bottles they have available.
Might head to alpine tomorrow for my three bottle limit of Nelson. Wish they'd allow a little more than that to make the trip almost worth it.

I'm back for a few days and just checked that backyard bottle shop online. They have a Hell of a tap list!
Might head to alpine tomorrow for my three bottle limit of Nelson. Wish they'd allow a little more than that to make the trip almost worth it.

Just a head's up I think I bought the last 3 from this recent batch. New batch coming soon though, except they've had a crazy brew schedule lately so some of the regularly released beers have been delayed.

May want to phone in and ask Bobby or Natalie if there are any Nelson bottles left before you make your trek down.

Good to know Ben, thanks. I'll check the webcam. I was going to go tomorrow, but will probably now wait until Tuesday of I'm still here

They don't publish a bottle list on line. They do, however, have a wall of coolers with a great selection. I'll be stopping in there tomorrow afternoon sometime.

The tap list isn't what the website says, much sadness. I did a flight and had a glass of Noble Baby Gaga, probably one of the best sessions I've ever had. Made a cooler purchase too.
Sideswipe, what time you planning on being there?

The tap list isn't what the website says, much sadness. I did a flight and had a glass of Noble Baby Gaga, probably one of the best sessions I've ever had. Made a cooler purchase too.
Sideswipe, what time you planning on being there?
Early afternoon. Are you going to be around? We can set a time if you want to meet up.

Back