Thanks Four the Palpitations: A Pre-Ban Four Loko Remembrance Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Kinda shocked this hadn't already been brought up...

Yesterday Grub Street posted the oral history of Four Loko as told by its co-creators, two Ohio State business majors who thought the "vodka-RedBull-but-better" beverage segment was too lucrative to leave to Sparks, and it got me thinking of the good times I've shared with others while drinking what might be the most socially destructive beverage this side of Buckfast Tonic Wine.

Anyway, my favorite Four Loko memory was from last year. Powzy opened up a pre-ban can of UVA Berry (aka, grape) at a share at Gonzoillini's and somehow the food coloring had gone from purple to a very concerning shade of forest green. It looked like poison, and honestly it's hard to argue that I didn't actually poison myself by drinking it.

Close second: drinking a Fruit Punch pre-ban generously shared by MordorMongo at fear025's bachelor party. I honestly thought my heart was never going to stop pounding.

Yesterday Grub Street posted the oral history of Four Loko as told by its co-creators, two Ohio State business majors who thought the "vodka-RedBull-but-better" beverage segment was too lucrative to leave to Sparks, and it got me thinking of the good times I've shared with others while drinking what might be the most socially destructive beverage this side of Buckfast Tonic Wine.

Anyway, my favorite Four Loko memory was from last year. Powzy opened up a pre-ban can of UVA Berry (aka, grape) at a share at Gonzoillini's and somehow the food coloring had gone from purple to a very concerning shade of forest green. It looked like poison, and honestly it's hard to argue that I didn't actually poison myself by drinking it.

Close second: drinking a Fruit Punch pre-ban generously shared by MordorMongo at fear025's bachelor party. I honestly thought my heart was never going to stop pounding.
I must have drank a lot of Loko that night as I genuinely have no recall of being at fear025 ‘s bachelor party.

Now the grape turned green sounds like my can ;)

The can of UVA Berry in question, although I stupidly forgot to take a photo of the actual poured liquid (maybe because MordorMongo insisted we chug our pours):

I did get a pic of the can of Joose though:

Is MordorMongo's shirt on-topic for this thread? I feel like it should be:

The can of UVA Berry in question, although I stupidly forgot to take a photo of the actual poured liquid (maybe because MordorMongo insisted we chug our pours):

Real talk, I have not shaved since that day. The beard envy was so strong in that room I had to swing for the fence.

I will never compete on a pro level and barely can call it a beard at all but goddamn if I didn’t have to become a member of the club.

jivex5k

VEdKb0lHVnlaMjVsY1hKeElIQm9ZV2M=

That is not how I pictured him at all.

Was more of a Sparks man myself, is this thread for any caffeinated malt beverage?
Before the 4Loko non-sense there was Sparks. And I think the only reason we started drinking it was because someone was from Sparks, NV and they brought it around. Early 00's.

Between that and the Red bull Vodka craze at the time we decided to have a Sparks party where it was the only thing served. I have vivid memories of hallucinating while laying in the floor at 5am exhausted and unable to move, with a racing heartbeat, drunk as fuck wishing I would just die. I think I survived because I was young and very fit at the time. Prolly kill me now.

Fuck. That. Shit.

Before the 4Loko non-sense there was Sparks. And I think the only reason we started drinking it was because someone was from Sparks, NV and they brought it around. Early 00's.

Between that and the Red bull Vodka craze at the time we decided to have a Sparks party where it was the only thing served. I have vivid memories of hallucinating while laying in the floor at 5am exhausted and unable to move, with a racing heartbeat, drunk as fuck wishing I would just die. I think I survived because I was young and very fit at the time. Prolly kill me now.

Fuck. That. Shit.
I remember being underage pounding sparks and a bottle of peach schnapps before a concert. Ughhhh

I remember being underage pounding sparks and a bottle of peach schnapps before a concert. Ughhhh
I don't even drink coffee. I've had 1 redbull since that party and I think it took a 13 year gap to get me to that point. We all learned our lesson and I don't think any of us had a 4Loko. Plus we thought it was just a Sparks rip-off. OG or nothing. I probably drank a six pack in an 8hr window.

Latest posts