The Alchemist releasing two new beers in cans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene1

Just happy to be here
Reaction score
The Alchemist will be releasing two new canned beers on the 15th. From their blog:

Greetings Alchemist faithful!

It is time to announce our first can release outside of the brewery! As we mentioned in our last blog, we are releasing a couple of beers in cans during a one day sale. First and foremost, we want to make this as smooth as possible for everyone. We will begin selling beer at 11 am. We will be canning 15 barrels of both Focal Banger and Petit Mutant, but an exact yield will not be known until next Thursday. When we can it next week, we will release a more accurate number. The location we have selected has a sufficient amount of parking, and room for lines to form. There is a single port-o-let on site. It will most likely be cold, and this is an outdoor sale, so please dress accordingly. Once the sale begins, we will do our very best to move things along as quickly as possible. If all goes well in this spot, we hope to have more of these pop-up sales in the very near future.

Here are the details:

Specialty Beer Release
Saturday, February 15

11am-3pm (or until it’s gone.)

at Pilgrim Park and Railroad Street in Waterbury

(the old station lumber site; next to the train station)

Focal Banger- an American IPA , hopped judiciously with Citra and Mosaic, 7% abv

$12.50/4-pack- inclusive of state tax ($11.80 + 6% tax)
$75/case- inclusive of state tax ($70.75 + 6% tax)

Petit Mutant- an American Brett ale fermented entirely with Brettanomyces Bruxellensis;

this rustic ale contains almost a pound of Montmorency cherries in each 16 ounce can.

$6/ sixteen ounce can inclusive of tax ($5.65 + 6% tax)

For more information about these beers click here.

SOME IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER

1. We will not have credit card machines available. Therefore, this is a CASH ONLY sale. There is a People’s United Bank about 100 yards away.

2. Please be thoughtful when parking your car. We will have someone helping with traffic control and proper parking. We need everyone to park nice and tight and orderly. Please drive slowly and be patient with us and your fellow beer loving friends.

3. We will be limiting people to ONE case of each beer. The Petit Mutant is priced for single cans at $6, but you are certainly welcome to buy four packs($24) and cases($144). These prices are inclusive of Vermont tax.

With that said, if you get back in line, at the end of the line, you can buy more cases. We do this for only one reason, we need to plan for the possibility that we will not have sufficient turnout to sell all of the beer. Past experience tells us that this probably won’t happen, but we must plan for it.

We will also be raising $ for the Vermont Foodbank. We have printed 200 Petit Mutant posters designed by our in-house artist, Jess Graham. A suggested donation of $5 will go to the Foodbank for each poster- The Alchemist will match all money raised. If 200 people each donate $5 for a poster, together we will raise $2,000 for the Foodbank.

Let’s see how much we can raise!

We will be trying to bring the local watering holes into this picture by making sure that our local draft accounts have at least one keg of Focal Banger available on tap at opening. It will be available at The Reservoir, Arvad’s, Prohibition Pig, Blackback and Blue Stone. They all serve lunch that day, and all have wonderful and varied draft lists.

this rustic ale contains almost a pound of Montmorency cherries in each 16 ounce can.
Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

I couldn't be more pumped for this. Going on vacation to St. Maarten last week of Feb and have been planning on bringing beer for the week. Very excited I'll be able to bring some slightly more session-able beers in addition to Heady.

So who's going? Looks like I'll probably be there.

Completely in for this.

There probably won't be any Heady left in the area but it would be nice to compare it to Focal

Petit Mutant sounds amazing! Want.

Why did I move from Vermont to Texas again? I used to live 20 minutes from where this is happening....

Perfect time of year for an outdoor sale in Vermont, though! :)
so you can be my supplier of all things texas and sour?

Damn - any idea if Focal and/or Petit will last a while in VT? We're planning another long NYC-to-Vt road trip for the HF Norma release - March 7th and 8th - but would kill for a 4 pack of each (especially Petit!)

Damn - any idea if Focal and/or Petit will last a while in VT? We're planning another long NYC-to-Vt road trip for the HF Norma release - March 7th and 8th - but would kill for a 4 pack of each (especially Petit!)
I think Petit is a one off. Focal Banger is expected to become a regular product once the new retail shop opens up. Might be able to find FB at the local watering holes.

I think Petit is a one off. Focal Banger is expected to become a regular product once the new retail shop opens up. Might be able to find FB at the local watering holes.
Thanks! If anyone happens to snag an extra 4-pack of Petit, and wants to meet up IP when we get there, let me know.

So who's going? Looks like I'll probably be there.

I'm sure I'll be up there with a few guys from the Boston crew. Would be nice to kick back a couple with you!

Heading up with the wife, probably leaving Hoboken sometime around 5am? What time are you guys planning on getting there... also HF after? We are staying in Burlington for sat/sun.. heellloooo 3 day weekend!

We need to catch up DonFrap, been too long since FOFA! (I know, I know I owe you a Boston trip!)

Heading up with the wife, probably leaving Hoboken sometime around 5am? What time are you guys planning on getting there... also HF after? We are staying in Burlington for sat/sun.. heellloooo 3 day weekend!

We need to catch up DonFrap, been too long since FOFA! (I know, I know I owe you a Boston trip!)
Probably HF after, not sure how many from my crew is goin, this weekend was a little rough on liver and wallet alike lol.

Haven't even planned on what time yet either. I'll definitely let you know, will be good to see you again!

If anyone gets any extra Focal I have some THB Julius for you and I will be in Burlington 15th-17th. Would also love some Petit and will go into my cellar for some of that.

So this is tomorrow! Hopefully everyone abides and doesn't show up before 9. (Fat chance) who's still goin?

DonFrap don't you think you're getting enough beer already with the Super Bowl Squares win? Do you really need to go buy more? ;)

Srs.

Not srs.

I'm around in MontP tonight if anyone wants to grab a drink. No ZJs being offered so don't even bother asking.
If anyone isn't maxing out on Petit, and could pick up 2 or 4 cans for me, we'll be up in VT on March 7th. Can paypal you and make it worth your while in beer IP.

That bright green car will be something to look at for 220 miles of boredom
Probably gonna be the truck, worried about the snow coming in later on down this way, plus whatever parking situation there is up at HF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back