The Angry Chair Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slander420

Reaction score
I was surprised to see they didn't have their own dedicated thread here. They are one of my favorite breweries in the Bay area and are consistently pumping out good brews.

Let's talk about it!

Anyone tried their Saucin' yet?

Love their stouts, but I'm most excited about their continual hop progression. We desperately need some good hops around as Cycle's Crank hasn't been awesome for well over a year.

The latest batch of Georgios was rather fantastic - would love to see them nail a pale or ipa. Oh, and can them.

Weekly canned hop releases is really the only thing Tampa Bay is missing. The next brewery to do that is going to see a major uptick in business.
The latest batch of Georgios was rather fantastic - would love to see them nail a pale or ipa. Oh, and can them.

Their DIPA's are always good, a little green sometimes but thoroughly enjoyable. I like 'the rake' better than Georgois by a nose. Space Grass is a solid IPA they make.

Weekly canned hop releases is really the only thing Tampa Bay is missing. The next brewery to do that is going to see a major uptick in business.

Their DIPA's are always good, a little green sometimes but thoroughly enjoyable. I like 'the rake' better than Georgois by a nose. Space Grass is a solid IPA they make.

Yeah most of the newer stuff I've gotten to try has been really solid. I haven't had "the rake" or a couple others, but a group of us was rather impressed when the second/updated recipe batch of Georgios came out. Was easily favored over some Trillium favs by the group. 8.5% that drank like a 6% and had the nose of hose-hound.

Love their stouts, but I'm most excited about their continual hop progression. We desperately need some good hops around as Cycle's Crank hasn't been awesome for well over a year.

Have you had Hammer? I think it's better than the earlier Crank. Very solid brew.

Have you had Hammer? I think it's better than the earlier Crank. Very solid brew.
tenor.gif

Like, better than spring - summer 2015 Crank?! Cause I put that stuff up against all the NEIPA of today. All of it. Which is why I am continually so saddened by its' current form.

The ratings aren't great for it...but Untappd is less than confidence.

tenor.gif

Like, better than spring - summer 2015 Crank?! Cause I put that stuff up against all the NEIPA of today. All of it. Which is why I am continually so saddened by its' current form.

The ratings aren't great for it...but Untappd is less than confidence.

I personally think so but could also be my hop preference? Hammer is pretty killer. Either way, I agree that AC is doing some awesome stuff with their hops.

Crank used to be amazing. No idea what the hell happened but it's just not the beer it once was. I was lucky enough to get a keg of it in November 2015 for my wedding. That thing disappeared with the quickness

Crank used to be amazing. No idea what the hell happened but it's just not the beer it once was. I was lucky enough to get a keg of it in November 2015 for my wedding. That thing disappeared with the quickness

Doug said he could no longer get the quality simcoe hops he needs. That the bigger buyers (SN, Harpoon, etc) would have first option for the quality hops leaving nothing for the smaller breweries.

Damn. Well, at least there is a great reason. Thanks for the information.

What did you guys think of the newest batch of Rocky Road? I love the extra walnuts this time around!

The line was great too, I was pleased when they opened 30 minutes early to get the line moving. I do miss weekday releases but totally understand why they switched.

Doug said he could no longer get the quality simcoe hops he needs. That the bigger buyers (SN, Harpoon, etc) would have first option for the quality hops leaving nothing for the smaller breweries.
Is that just in regards to Simcoe? Angry Chair seems to be doing just fine with their hoppy beers.

Is that just in regards to Simcoe? Angry Chair seems to be doing just fine with their hoppy beers.

That was in relation to how he use to make Crank. Sharrow, Hammer, etc are all amazing, agree.

Isn't Crank all citra? I agree though that recent batches haven't been as good with the exception of a single run they did with a particular English ale yeast, thought that was great.

It is now. And the more recent batches of Crank have been killer.

This Saturday, 10/14 at 9AM we will be releasing bottles of our collaboration with Omnipollo. Even better, this version is barrel-aged! Lunar Lycan is an Imperial Sweet Stout with toasted almonds, and a touch of coffee that is 11.5%. We aged it in barrels that held Bourbon for 12 years that were dumped and then refilled with Brandy for several more years. Because of this, the Bourbon/Brandy Barrel-Aged Lunar Lycan came to life.
1f918_1f3fc.png

Bottles will be $30 each. We will determine the limits depending on the turn out. The release will be at 9AM for bottle sales ONLY. Please bring cash to help expedite the process. We will open the tasting room for normal business at 12PM and the beer will be on tap for your enjoyment, it is extremely limited, when it’s gone... oh she gone!

We cannot even begin to thank you guys enough for lining up for these releases, we are so grateful to have such a wonderful following. That being said, lines are becoming dangerous and we do not want to stop releasing so please help us out by: standing/sitting AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to our building while on Florida Ave. leaving ample sidewalk space between you and the road, this is also to help people who are just trying to walk past our building. If we have to, we will move you, please do not make us come out and do that.

Parking: DO NOT PARK ON FERN. If parking on a residential street, do no block driveways or walkways. Also, as usual, Trip’s Diner will be open and using THEIR spots for THEIR customers so do not park there. We know it is hard to find parking and we are sorry, please carpool or Uber if it is easier.
And please don’t litter!
#angrychairbrewing #balunarlycan #omnipollo#dontparkonfern #teleport #bottlerelease #stayangry

Sorry to hear that. I think its still on draft. I'm not sure if silent releases will be the norm going forward. I think the bottle count was lower than normal too. I personally love the silents so I don't have to wait in line.
I'd love them if I had someone to grab for me...as I don't live in the area haha

Latest posts

Back