Quantcast

The Beer and Vinyl Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Bummed I posted my garage. Was drunk. Current goal is to get this shit organized somewhat by wednesday. At least enough to actually get at the Records.

Also kind of want to sell at least half my collection and try to make it a manageable amount but the fact I'm not paying for storage in the half that isn't here (yes, parents garage) doesn't motivate me to confront my issues...
Will buy Jazz & hiphop LP's if you have for sale!

Padraig

Premium Supporter
Contributor
Do it. It's massively cathartic.

I had a big clear out before I rented our house out as I was limited in what I could put into storage. Dumped about a 1,000 (I accumulated a lot of crap from digging in bargain bins), gave away another 1,000 (including a number of releases on a record label run by the guy who picked them up. He wasn't too put out about it. lol), sold a 1,000. Am currently at about 1,500 with a plan to get it down to a 1,000 which I think is a sensible number.

Record collections are like gardens. They need regular pruning.

I'm around 600 LP's right now, excluding a bunch of 78's and 45's that are in storage. I'm right at max capacity for 2 ikea kallax 2x2 units. I'm afraid to get a third unit because I know I'll just buy more to fill it....

We should run a record swap BIF in here. There was one a long time ago, but I was never in it.
Saw that thread. I dunno... I'm pretty confident packing a box of beers that someone will most likely enjoy. An album? Shit, I wouldn't know where to start. Even if it was metal, or blue, something I'm familiar with... still.

Legitimately planning my post-work evening nearly down to the minute based on listening to a new album.

In order of most records to least records its divided into: metal (prob 4,000ish here), rock/soundtrack/etc, noise/industrial/experimental, punk/hc, country, soul, jazz, reggae, rap. The rap section is def less than 50 lps :p
If you ever complile a list, post it here first so TB'ers get first dibs :) definitely interested in the reggae, hip hop, and jazz ones!

Saw that thread. I dunno... I'm pretty confident packing a box of beers that someone will most likely enjoy. An album? Shit, I wouldn't know where to start. Even if it was metal, or blue, something I'm familiar with... still.

Legitimately planning my post-work evening nearly down to the minute based on listening to a new album.
We should run a record swap BIF in here. There was one a long time ago, but I was never in it.
If people posted DDTs with vinyl's during the hints thread senders could get an idea of what their sender listens to.. Or there could be a list of things you would like on the sign up. I'd be down.

Latest posts