The Beer and Vinyl Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cronkite11

Reaction score
I am sure there are many TB users with record collections that rival their beer cellars. So why not have a thread showing off both. Post pictures of what vinyls you are spinning with the beer you are drinking while listing.

83B021CD-9446-4BDA-9D87-6FFD6AEB3ADF_zpsutf1m25q.jpg

Ghostface Killah 36 Seasons and Melvin Citradamus IIPA

I am sure there are many TB users with record collections that rival their beer cellars...

Unfortunately, I got a turntable and started collecting records around when my first kid was born. Then I had another. So yeah... I wish I had built up that kind of record collection.

That said, hopefully no surprise... IN!

NUjxC60.jpg

Seeing a ton of play lately on both counts; foreground, price and quality; background, quality, and my only rockabilly record. Love me some Rev.

**** off.

Heh. Believe it or not, I really think of Weedeater as my "happy place" music. Those "**** off"s that often accompany are **** offs of joy.

o_O

Tonight's starting a lot saner, at least. Before the new arrivals...
eRRnUGp.jpg

Picked the background up years ago for $10 at a used record shop. German packaging, obvious not unique recordings, but cobbled together, high quality, near perfect condition LPs from John Lee Hooker (on now), Lightnin' Hopkins, Leadbelly, and Memphis Slim.

John Lee was and always will be the man.

At least one of the men.

Round 2 on Good N' You... And round 2 on the blues. Despite new records...
NZIzKf9.jpg

Digging through some back of the crate blues. Found this at Newbury Comics for $12. Possibly the best $12 ever spent at said establishment. Old school delta blues, the dude and his guitar.

These bluesmen... often entirely unheralded and unaprecciated by anyone other than their local fans... these guys paved the way for EVERYTHING THAT'S COOL.

Thanks for starting this, Cronkite11. Good fun.

Bummed I posted my garage. Was drunk. Current goal is to get this **** organized somewhat by wednesday. At least enough to actually get at the Records.

Also kind of want to sell at least half my collection and try to make it a manageable amount but the fact I'm not paying for storage in the half that isn't here (yes, parents garage) doesn't motivate me to confront my issues...

Record room became the kids room. No regrets.
Smaller Half in the garage the bigger half in storage.

Also for BrandoSF garage fridge maybe next time he won't blow me off when he beercrafts:(

I´m starting to see where the name comes from now.

I left half my vinyl in my parents attic back home and sold half, I really regret the ones I sold but there was simply nowhere to store them at the time. I did cherry pick the good stuff I wasn´t holding onto and gifted the box to a 16 year old dj just starting out.
Best bit is that he made a career out of it :)

Back