The Beer Temple Beer Classes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quinnsi

Reaction score
Hey guys, not sure what the rule is for "advertising" on here, but I figured people on here might be interested in these.

Basically, The Beer Temple is opening up some classes that used to only be available for private events, etc.

To start, three classes are being offered. I think the last one might be the most interesting for people on here, but I've given the info for all of them below. Thanks guys!

Beer 101: Introduction to Beer, Styles and Basic Flavor Components
This class is designed for people who are interested in beer, and want to take their knowledge to the next level.
You will leave with an understanding of how beer is made, where the different flavors in beer come from, and the characteristics of many popular beer styles. Course topics include:
  • Introduction to beer ingredients & their impact on flavor
  • Overview of the brewing process
  • Beer styles (Belgian,German,English,American)
  • Tasting Beer
All About Hops
Our All About Hops course will take a detailed look at the most talked-about ingredient in beer today: hops. Topics include:
  • Side-by-side guided tastings of specific hop varietals
  • How hops are used in the brewing process
  • Hop make-up and chemistry
Comprehensive Beer Knowledge and Tasting Course
The Beer Temple Comprehensive Beer Knowledge and Tasting Course is an in-depth 8 week class covering all aspects of beer. These classes are designed for beer professionals or consumers with a good working understanding of beer, beer styles, and the brewing process and could be viewed as a primer course for completion of beer sommelier certificates. Classes will be held each Monday at Kaiser Tiger.

Class 1: Ingredients

Class 2: Brewing Process

Class 3: Tasting & Off Flavors

Class 4: Beer Styles 1

Class 5: Beer Styles 2

Class 6: Beer Styles 3

Class 7: Speciatly Styles / Storing & Caring for Beer

Class 8: Serving Beer / Food & Beer Pairings

Last edited:
Sorry, all the class titles are hyperlinked to the site where you can purchase them. The first two are $50, the 8 week course is $350.

That 8 week class sounds interesting. What sparked this idea?

Sounded like fun. Not enough beer classes out there that scratch deeper than the most basic stuff. The one that do seem to be more of a crash course on how to pass the Cicerone exam, which is not what this is. I'd rather present info holistically rather than blast bullet points at people. I think you get better overall comprehension that way. I dunno....

Back