the board gaming thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Just got “Micro-Brew” that I backed on Kickstarter. No chance to play it yet but I have read that there is a lot of complexity for something that fits in an altoids tin.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/240529/microbrew
My buddy picked this up and we played it tonight. I thought it was really fun. The Brew and Flush phases added a fun puzzle element and we had a couple rounds where we kept bumping each other off the Bottle and Serve actions. We ended up going to the tiebreaker because in the end we started cranking out cash and were advertising like crazy. It took a couple hours for the game but it was our first time and we were definitely on beer. Next round would be faster I'm sure.
IMG_20190505_001619.jpg

No. That's prime conditions. When inhibitions are lower you can really tell those fascist pigs off.
drinkypoo there are short YouTube videos that explain it pretty well, it’s a great drinking game, we played it at a NJ game get together.
Thanks fellers!
I think it’ll be awesome if we GET IT. Too much explaining to a drunken idiot, of two, can throw off rhythm.

Is Secret Hitler a bit much to ask of people who have been drinking and have never played it before?
Asking for a friend.
depends how much drinking. if people aren’t paying attention or will get bored etc., give it a pass. it becomes laborious and awful if people drift off or don’t get it because they weren’t paying attention and end up game throwing.

My buddy picked this up and we played it tonight. I thought it was really fun. The Brew and Flush phases added a fun puzzle element and we had a couple rounds where we kept bumping each other off the Bottle and Serve actions. We ended up going to the tiebreaker because in the end we started cranking out cash and were advertising like crazy. It took a couple hours for the game but it was our first time and we were definitely on beer. Next round would be faster I'm sure.
View attachment 7491
Yeah, I have only gotten to play it once for real and I think we were too co derivative in our strategy, only making beers that very closely followed the recipe. In the instructions it talks about the golden road strategy of just making a ton of mediocre beer and pumping the money into advertising.

View attachment 7491
I'm kinda bummed this is only 2 player.

Do they call it that because that would be fucking amazing. On a more local note I call it the Asbury Park Brewing strategy.
No, that was my terminology.

I'm kinda bummed this is only 2 player.
If you have two sets there is a modification for 4 players.

Also, I should note that it has deep strategy but my six year old got the hang of the mechanics after the first round so it is relatively easy to pick up.

A kickstarter game delivered on time?

Point taken. But the game already exists this is just the tricked out version. Also, micro-brew was through Kickstarter and that was delivered on time. But yes, I am not holding my breath for January fulfillment.

Microbrew Kickstarter page:

30E004F3-397F-4300-9FFD-32DDAF521093.png

I received the shipping notification on March 28th!

Latest posts