The Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

This season has been fucking great. I agree this last episode's format was way out-of-character and very reminiscent of Breaking Bad. I do think it's intentional on the the part of Vince. Bridging the worlds and timeline without bridging the tone and feel would probably be a misstep, so I'm fine with it.

There has been a subtle music nod to BB this season too. Elements of the BB theme started showing up.

Arbitrator

Not Patrick
There has been a subtle music nod to BB this season too. Elements of the BB theme started showing up.
Have not noticed that. That's incredible. I'll have to do a rescan and listen.

I get your point about having to bridge.

Anyone still watching this? The latest episode ("Bagman") felt more like BB than BCS, which I imagine is an intentional transition. But it's too bad. The show's own style has been great.

That one water bottle scene is where Jimmy finally became beerandraiderfan.
Agree with the feel, but thought it was nice to finally have some crossover. Thought it added rather than detracted and as the plot thickens I'm sure we'll see it more.

I’m enjoying the show still. I went back to Breaking Bad to see if there were any clues to what we can expect. Jimmy mentions Lalo in the episode Better Call Saul and he tells Walt that his actual last name is McGill.
I’m wondering what happens to Kim as I don’t think she’s ever mentioned in Breaking Bad. I’m guessing she ends up having to leave town and change her identity with the vacuum salesman.

I’m enjoying the show still. I went back to Breaking Bad to see if there were any clues to what we can expect. Jimmy mentions Lalo in the episode Better Call Saul and he tells Walt that his actual last name is McGill.
I’m wondering what happens to Kim as I don’t think she’s ever mentioned in Breaking Bad. I’m guessing she ends up having to leave town and change her identity with the vacuum salesman.
I mean, that's the million dollar question really. Before we get to the Saul Goodman off BB, Kim is almost certainly either going to die or go into hiding. Does she get killed? Does she kill herself? Maybe a random unforeseen tragedy? If she has to go into hiding, why? Does this happen after the timeline of BB begins or before?

I find myself fearing for her death in every episode. Last time I thought Mike was accidentally going to shoot her. The episode prior I thought she was in the SUV in the desert for whatever reason. Before that when her career seemed to be going sideways, I imagined her getting drunk a driving somewhere. I don't know how it's going to go down, but I do expect to be surprised, which means I'm probably way off with all of these.

I mean, that's the million dollar question really. Before we get to the Saul Goodman off BB, Kim is almost certainly either going to die or go into hiding. Does she get killed? Does she kill herself? Maybe a random unforeseen tragedy? If she has to go into hiding, why? Does this happen after the timeline of BB begins or before?

I find myself fearing for her death in every episode. Last time I thought Mike was accidentally going to shoot her. The episode prior I thought she was in the SUV in the desert for whatever reason. Before that when her career seemed to be going sideways, I imagined her getting drunk a driving somewhere. I don't know how it's going to go down, but I do expect to be surprised, which means I'm probably way off with all of these.
Up until this season, I just assumed that she would leave him once he started going full Saul, but it is really starting to look like she will be killed. Maybe that would be what puts him over to full dgaf Saul?

I found it interesting she took the tequila cap from the desk when leaving the firm. With the last episode and she's deeper in the game, does she embrace it?

Saul mentions an "Ignacio" - which "Nacho" is a common nickname for - in his first scene in BB, but I do not recall exactly what he says about him.

I've been wondering about the timeline. IIRC BCS starts around 2002 so it would make sense that we're now in roughly 2007 and BB starts in 2008. Also, I don't see how you stretch from where they ended this season. So many things are in place. I won't be surprised if they announce the next season will be the last before it's released. Maybe that's wishful thinking. Would rather have it stay at this high level. Maybe that's been the plan for a while? You'd have to think the next season will be more focused on the criminals than Jimmy's transformation and, as mentioned above, it's been starting to feel a lot more like Breakiing Bad than early Saul.

I've been wondering about the timeline. IIRC BCS starts around 2002 so it would make sense that we're now in roughly 2007 and BB starts in 2008. Also, I don't see how you stretch from where they ended this season. So many things are in place. I won't be surprised if they announce the next season will be the last before it's released. Maybe that's wishful thinking. Would rather have it stay at this high level. Maybe that's been the plan for a while? You'd have to think the next season will be more focused on the criminals than Jimmy's transformation and, as mentioned above, it's been starting to feel a lot more like Breakiing Bad than early Saul.
I think next season could be the last "pre-BB" season. It could overlap considerably as events unfold. When Krazy8 - a known BCS informant - disappears, it will cool to see the other perspectives (DEA, Saul, Salamancas, Fring etc).

I wonder how post-BB will continue. I suspect it will. Either another movie or two, a la El Camino, or a whole new series.

I think next season could be the last "pre-BB" season. It could overlap considerably as events unfold. When Krazy8 - a known BCS informant - disappears, it will cool to see the other perspectives (DEA, Saul, Salamancas, Fring etc).

I wonder how post-BB will continue. I suspect it will. Either another movie or two, a la El Camino, or a whole new series.
We also need to know what happens in the flash forward! Major cliffhanger to start the season.

Latest posts