US - Mountain The Colorado Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Shit shit shit. I meant Boulder, not Durango. My bad!
West End Tavern is a solid spot for bourbon. If you like Japanese whiskey, Japango can't be beat. I saw a bottle of Yama Sherry there last time around. They also have solid bourbon. My last bar pour of VWFRR was there a year or so ago. I also recommend Salt. Food is great and they get good stuff like Al Young on occasion. So many options downtown.

West End Tavern is a solid spot for bourbon. If you like Japanese whiskey, Japango can't be beat. I saw a bottle of Yama Sherry there last time around. They also have solid bourbon. My last bar pour of VWFRR was there a year or so ago. I also recommend Salt. Food is great and they get good stuff like Al Young on occasion. So many options downtown.
Documented your suggestions. Thank you!

West End frequently has various Whiskey Nights with great prices on certain pours.

If you're randomly googling and see the School House has crazy stuff for decent prices, don't be fooled. They haven't been able to "find the bottles" on all the BTAC and Van Winkle stuff since they first opened.
Thanks, Stubs! I appreciate the input!

Unfortunately trinity still has a fantastic kitchen.
Food is necessary but good/interesting beer is more important for a place.

We get Trinity in Chicago and I can count on one finger the number of times I saw one of their bottles and paused to even think about it. (I've had a couple things from them at FOBAB back in the day and mehhh).

Very. It's a work trip.

I will be flying in and out of Denver though, so spots between the airport and CS is good, too.
I don't have great recommendations for the springs. Bristol Brewing is down there in an old high school (Ivywild) that they've converted into an open air market. In addition to the brewery there's a whisky bar in the principal's office. Bristol beers are inoffensive and I seem to recall the food being the same but it's a cool building.

From DIA if you go out I-70 to I-25 you can hit most of the brewery and restaurant heavy areas from downtown all the way down 25 through town. That's more of a question of what do you want to eat/drink because almost everything is available on that route. If you take the faster route around the east side through Aurora your options are considerably limited but your commute will be cut by a third or more.

I don't have great recommendations for the springs. Bristol Brewing is down there in an old high school (Ivywild) that they've converted into an open air market. In addition to the brewery there's a whisky bar in the principal's office. Bristol beers are inoffensive and I seem to recall the food being the same but it's a cool building.

From DIA if you go out I-70 to I-25 you can hit most of the brewery and restaurant heavy areas from downtown all the way down 25 through town. That's more of a question of what do you want to eat/drink because almost everything is available on that route. If you take the faster route around the east side through Aurora your options are considerably limited but your commute will be cut by a third or more.
Unless you hate yourself, do not take I-70 from the airport into downtown to connect with I-25 south. The traffic will be hell no matter the time.

If you take I-225 from the airport to I-25, you could hit Dry Dock or Commrade. Neither are far off the highway but you’d be beholden to their daily food truck for grub.

TBHA (Talk Beer Homie Announcement):
If anyone wants, and can find me in Denver Thursday-Saturday, Boulder/Lafayette/Longmont Sunday, I have ~2 extra slots in a wine check that will contain a SARA bottle that you can haz.
Come visit me at Wyatt's in Longmont. Would be great to grab a beer been a min!

I'll also take some sara.

I'll find you in Denver since I live here now

Let's say I have an evening in Colorado Springs with a car. What's the one must-hit place? Food is probably going to be necessary, too. Also: I don't care about hazy shit.
Usually I would answer Cerberus, but primarily for their hazy offerings. Their food is top notch and their beers are solid.

As has been mentioned Bristol is a cool spot but the beer is basically a more local version of Sam Adams.

I have not given Trinity a dime ever since the brewer made unnecessarily disparaging comments about Colorado Springs about 7 years ago.

There are a bunch of other smaller breweries in town that are really hot or miss.

If you don’t want to try Cerberus I would also suggest Phantom Canyon which is in the heart of downtown and has some really good more traditional styles of beer. Also the food is solid.

Usually I would answer Cerberus, but primarily for their hazy offerings. Their food is top notch and their beers are solid.

As has been mentioned Bristol is a cool spot but the beer is basically a more local version of Sam Adams.

I have not given Trinity a dime ever since the brewer made unnecessarily disparaging comments about Colorado Springs about 7 years ago.

There are a bunch of other smaller breweries in town that are really hot or miss.

If you don’t want to try Cerberus I would also suggest Phantom Canyon which is in the heart of downtown and has some really good more traditional styles of beer. Also the food is solid.
Just landed in Denver so this is good timing. Thanks

TBHA (Talk Beer Homie Announcement):
If anyone wants, and can find me in Denver Thursday-Saturday, Boulder/Lafayette/Longmont Sunday, I have ~2 extra slots in a wine check that will contain a SARA bottle that you can haz.
Imma find you Thursday evening..... Imma find you real good.... share a beer at a local brewery downtown?

Group Builder