The Definitive Great Taste of the Midwest Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brenna and I are still looking for tickets, but it won't affect whether or not we head up there.

Anyone have two extras?

Going with a couple other jokers on here. Can't wait! Playing it by ear has suited me so far in life and assume it'll work out at GTOM as well. Hope to meet some JBrs there!

Heading up with dvelcich / his wife / and the LT, staying at the Holiday Inn Express within stumbling distance on Saturday, but think we will be staying at Casa de Weatherdog outside of Madison on Friday night (no Friday night hotel cost plus bottle share on the lake at a beautiful property will be more fun than Brickhouse and a drunken hotel party on Friday, lurchingbeast or anyone else who knows Jansky get at me if you want to jump on this idea instead of paying for your hotel on Friday)

Was contemplating Maduros > Dexters, but with the early start time at Maduros who knows what will be on tap once we get into town.

FWIW Dexters wasn't crazy at all last year with Toppling Goliath aside from the late night Morning Delight tapping (from what I heard), and for the ticker like myself who wants to get a head start on all their beers pre festival it should be a good time.

Sure I'll see most of you degenerates throughout the weekend.

Cheers!

Goose Island event at Madison's is always fun and a ******** at the same time. Double fisting free BCS Vanilla for like an hour a couple of years ago was the best. I have no idea what they're bringing this year though.

Bell's at Maduro looks to have a bunch of interesting stuff like they always do.

Dexter's wasn't bad early in the day last year if you just want to drink Sue and the other stuff besides Morning Delight.

I ate at Forequarter last year and the food was really good. The place is pretty tiny though and more of a restaurant than a bar so I'm not sure how well an event will work there.

Brickhouse has a bunch of Short's beers that I haven't had yet so I'll probably check that place out Friday night.

Heading up with dvelcich / his wife / and the LT, staying at the Holiday Inn Express within stumbling distance on Saturday, but think we will be staying at Casa de Weatherdog outside of Madison on Friday night (no Friday night hotel cost plus bottle share on the lake at a beautiful property will be more fun than Brickhouse and a drunken hotel party on Friday, lurchingbeast or anyone else who knows Jansky get at me if you want to jump on this idea instead of paying for your hotel on Friday)

Was contemplating Maduros > Dexters, but with the early start time at Maduros who knows what will be on tap once we get into town.

FWIW Dexters wasn't crazy at all last year with Toppling Goliath aside from the late night Morning Delight tapping (from what I heard), and for the ticker like myself who wants to get a head start on all their beers pre festival it should be a good time.

Sure I'll see most of you degenerates throughout the weekend.

Cheers!
Kind of already paid for the hotel though...

Looks like I'm doing @weatherdog's shindig Friday.

Still looking to defray Saturday's hotel costs. Sharing a bed with the Beast a possibility. Romulux

I don't have tickets and there don't seem to be any parties happening on Saturday when the festival is happening. For the veterans out there when they say something runs all week is that mon-sun or mom-fri?

I'm in.

My day will probably look something like NG>maduro>dexters>madisons>argus/maduro/tipsy cow>????

Usually hit Brickhouse in the evening. The Rev party at Essen Haus was cool the first year (didn't go last year) and they had really cheap beers. Might hit Dexters up again in the evening...it was a bit of a ******** for MD last year but not too terrible.

Also ISO tickets. Would be nice to have that out of the way before heading up.

I'm heading up there, hoping that Madison's and Dexter's aren't too crazy (though I'm sure they will be).

I don't have tickets yet, so we'll see about Saturday. Maybe head over to New Glarus for the VSP release.

7th GTMW in a row. Man, where does the time go?

For those worried about Dexter's, it's usually pretty manageable and easy going early on. If you really need a pour of the nerd beer at 10 then, yeah, it'll be a **** show. We've been just dropping by for lunch since they started doing an event there a few years ago then going to check in, change, etc. before hitting the town.

Madison's is also pretty manageable if you get there early/grab a spot. Though it looks like they might have changed format this year (No longer the all-you-can drink for free affair for 2 hours starting at 5 PM?)

Madison's is also pretty manageable if you get there early/grab a spot. Though it looks like they might have changed format this year (No longer the all-you-can drink for free affair for 2 hours starting at 5 PM?)

I'm pretty sure that last year they gave some (like 3 or 4) of those beer cap tokens when it started at 3. I'm assuming it will be the same this year even though it says only 1.

I'm assuming Dexter's will be crazy.

Considering Forequarter's sour beer thang. Does levifunk think that event will be worth it?

I'm not sure what will be on tap. I know he got a keg of NG berliner weisse, which is of interest considering it got pulled from shelves. Bottle list will have some belgian lambics. I'd go for a drink and a charcuterie board, especially if you've never been to FQ.

We will be at New Glarus Friday morning with a dump truck full of landscapers (just like last year). Maduro, Dexter's and then Brickhouse for some Central Waters goodness.

dvelcich there will be LOTS of tickets for sale just outside the gate Saturday before the gates open and you should have no problem finding some for face value.

Will you have any beers featured at The Oso's Malt House event, levifunk??

That party along with a few others (none on the square this year surprisingly..) piqued my interests.

Last edited:
Will you have any beers featured at The Oso's Malt House event, levifunk??

That party along with a few others (none on the square this year surprisingly..) piqued my interests.

No, we kind of dropped the ball on getting sours prepared for the pre-party. There will be one day of though, and in GT spirit it is a unique one. ;)

Destihl's event @ Jac's starts @ 4 on Friday (not listed). Staff should be there by 5.

4-5 handles:
Wild Sour Series Adambier
Wild Sour Series Flemish Amber
Vertex IPA
Abbey's Single
5th Handle = ???

We should just skull their jug of meadito this year
and then do this:
XdFup69.jpg

So who is everyone's under the radar choice for this year? I'm pretty interested to check out Door County Brewing Co. personally, they seem to cater to a lot of what interests me right now.

I was at their taproom last week and their beers were solid. Their Sour Saison was real good. So, I'm looking forward to tasting more at the fest as well.

Back