Quantcast

The Etre/BiaB love/hate/?/rant thread...

Help Support Talkbeer:

Can’t find his email? Can you send it my way kind sir?
You can just email sales@etregourmet.com and address it to Jonathan. Its a small operation. He'll get it if you address it to him. Joana's emails just go to her and she seems to only handle logistics once the boxes are ready to ship. At least, she's only emailed me with shipping confirmation and has never really dealt with my inquiries before - she usually doesnt reply to my emails.

My box came with the usual all-over bubble wrap, individual walled off slots for 750's, and doubled up slots for 375mls, tons of paper and even more packing peanuts. Standard Etre packing IME. Sorry about your box! Im glad nothing broke. Could have been a temp they apparently brought on to fill out all the summer shipping requests (they mentioned this in an email over the summer). Hopefully its a one time thing for you.
Thanks for the response. Glad to hear it may have been an exception to their normal great packaging.

Just got a note from Etre that seems worth sharing:

Your package is ready to be shipped this week, but before we would like to inform you that for a few days now, some customers from the West Coast have been experiencing troubles with the LAX Customs and 1 out of 6 boxes were returned to us.

If you prefer to change the delivery address, please inform us as soon as possible.
I've actually had a fair amount of boxes avoid LAX altogether somehow, but not the last couple. Might end up shipping these to the in-laws...

Just got a note from Etre that seems worth sharing:

Your package is ready to be shipped this week, but before we would like to inform you that for a few days now, some customers from the West Coast have been experiencing troubles with the LAX Customs and 1 out of 6 boxes were returned to us.

If you prefer to change the delivery address, please inform us as soon as possible.
I've actually had a fair amount of boxes avoid LAX altogether somehow, but not the last couple. Might end up shipping these to the in-laws...
Have been hearing this as well. I have family in Phoenix that'll ill be vising next month. Any one know if Phoenix typically gets routed through LAX customs or an east coast customs? Not sure if its east enough to be routed somewhere else.

Xul

Did Etre's prices go up by ~20% across the board this morning? I was putting together a box and as I was going through the checkout process, the subtotal jumped and every single item's price had gone up when I looked at my cart's contents.

I opened my box tonight and saw that while my Zenne set was there...my Bokke bottle and Gaston Honig were NOT there. The packing slip says 6 bottles :/

I sure hope they will fix this. This is the first time using them and of course this would happen. I chose the ship reservations option as well.

I opened my box tonight and saw that while my Zenne set was there...my Bokke bottle and Gaston Honig were NOT there. The packing slip says 6 bottles :/

I sure hope they will fix this. This is the first time using them and of course this would happen. I chose the ship reservations option as well.
Hope this gets resolved for you Robert!

Looks like my Etre package getting returned. Weird that it never got held up or said returned to sender, just wound up back in Brussels..

upload_2019-9-30_12-50-24.png

Uh oh, Lax warning email, saying 5 out of 6 boxes returned. Anyone figure out a way around this?, my last few went through JFK, but I live west coast, so assuming that will go through LAX.

BadJustin

Staff member
Contributor
Did anyone else's Zenne boxes from Etre arrive with zero bubble wrap? My bottles were only wrapped in crumpled paper. I'm surprised nothing broke. I'm hoping this isn't their new approach to packing...

My OBD packs came with weird corrugated paper all over them, not the normal bubble wrap mummy.

Also, if we have traded before or conversed before and you need help with an East Coast proxy, lemme know. I can handle a couple more. Already got ac24 on the list.

My OBD packs came with weird corrugated paper all over them, not the normal bubble wrap mummy.

Also, if we have traded before or conversed before and you need help with an East Coast proxy, lemme know. I can handle a couple more. Already got ac24 on the list.
Weird, our Zenne box (3 sets combined) just arrived with full bubble mummy wrap as usual. Wonder what the extreme variation in packaging is due to.

Not sure if we have traded before, but could send labels and offer up some Fantome beers from the two boxes I have?

jaeselector

Premium Supporter
Contributor
Anyone in Seattle have luck getting boxes directly from Etre? My last several have gone through JFK and I was thinking about risking it.

Latest posts