Quantcast

The Etre/BiaB love/hate/?/rant thread...

Help Support Talkbeer:

Anyone in Seattle have luck getting boxes directly from Etre? My last several have gone through JFK and I was thinking about risking it.
I've had 4-5 boxes shipped the past couple years. The first 2-3 actually went through JFK as well. But the last couple, including the summer pack, went through LAX. None were returned to Etre, though.

That said, once they contacted me about LAX and the box had Zenne, I wasn't taking a chance. It's out for delivery at my in-laws in Florida today.

If anyone needs a proxy I’m in Minneapolis, MN and aside from a single broken bottle have never had any issues. We always go through Chicago.

Some more data points from a Californian. I know 10 people that shipped their Zenne boxes through Etre. All of them went through LAX. 6 were sent back to Belgium. I’m one of the lucky 4 that arrived safely. It was expertly packed per usual. I guess I must have done something right to please the Lambic Gods.

Has anyone ever had a mistake happen on their order? I had a few of my items shipped to someone else with the same name as me. Etre is holding replacement items for me but saying it will ship with my next order. I don't want to order anything else but that's the only response i'm receiving. So i would essentially need to buy an extra item and pay for shipping again to get what I originally paid for.

I ordered from Etre again for the first time since the site refresh. Three weeks after departure from BEL I'm waiting for a sign of life. Why is it only Etre? When I order from BIAB or Belgian sellers on MBC I get my box within seven business days.

I ordered from Etre again for the first time since the site refresh. Three weeks after departure from BEL I'm waiting for a sign of life. Why is it only Etre? When I order from BIAB or Belgian sellers on MBC I get my box within seven business days.
You're suggesting that a customs hold or issue with USPS is to blame on Etre? Etre shipped me 4 boxes this month and all arrived within a week of the date I got tracking numbers.

It's not an Etre issue. I've received boxes from them in 5 days and 5 weeks. Same goes for BIAB and private shippers. It's all chance. Sounds like you've just been lucky.

For anybody curious here's the proxy comparison for the 3F Herfstpakket:

Etre: 32€ proxy + 95€ shipping: 127€ Total

BIAB: 36€ proxy + 80€ shipping: 116€ Total
And a months long wait from both of them until the dead of winter to ship. And absolute garbage packaging from Kurt and increasingly suspect packaging from EG. No thanks.

Latest posts