The getting healthy thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

jmgrub

real Gs move in silence like lasagna
If anyone has any questions or needs any help/tips just post away. Srs.
Dude, that is such an amazing accomplishment. Requires so much discipline and tenacity. Super impressive.

I do have a question for you: not to take the last 30 pounds for granted, but what is your plan for maintenance once you make it to your goal weight?

Dude, that is such an amazing accomplishment. Requires so much discipline and tenacity. Super impressive.

I do have a question for you: not to take the last 30 pounds for granted, but what is your plan for maintenance once you make it to your goal weight?
Thank you!! Keep tracking everything single thing I eat and drink and set my calorie intake to my “maintain weight” amount and keep on keeping on. Like I said MyFitnessPal has been the key to my success as well as keeping myself disciplined.

Feb down 6% from starting weight, only doing intermittent fasting
Mar down 8.1%
Apr down 9.4%
May down 11%
Jun down 14.5%
Jul down 14.9%

I’m okay with this last month as I was on vacation for 3 weeks and really didn’t fast as much. Hoping to be down total 20% by year end. This last week I did my first 48 hour fast. It went rather well. I felt totally fine until I decided to crush some pizza - made my belly hurt for an hour or so.

Hope everybody else is sticking with their goals

If you think about it though, you are asleep for a good portion of the fasting. If you consider a 12 hour window, you can eat from 7-7 or 8-8 and "fast" for 12 hours.
I like to take advantage of the natural fasting that happens in my sleep by going to the gym in the morning on an empty stomach. I believe it was actually evilc that gave me this advice for weightless originally, but I've since heard it from a number of people in the fitness world.

I've heard various rwasons why some folks have a hard time fasting and orhers a much easier time. Something to do with slower releasing glucose, meanimg eatimg more protein and less carbs. And I think metablolism, having to do with exercise.

For whatever reason I have no issue going 16 hours fasting, sometimes up to 20 hours. But my GF can't go more than a few hours. I'm not sure what the deal is.

Mental toughness also plays a role. Pushing through the occasional hunger in the morning can be challenging.

10 lbs down in 15 days on keto. Goal is 20 more. Drinking a lot of whiskey and eating meat and salads.

Muscle mass is dropping too, but that's fine as I'm starting to cycle to work and could use the weight loss. I dropped my gym membership because it was expensive and I'm trading my heavy-weight-lifting bulk for mobility.

Never actually been on a diet, but this shit is working. Expect to be down another 20 by end of August, just in time for my anniversary and some vacation.

10 lbs down in 15 days on keto. Goal is 20 more. Drinking a lot of whiskey and eating meat and salads.

Muscle mass is dropping too, but that's fine as I'm starting to cycle to work and could use the weight loss. I dropped my gym membership because it was expensive and I'm trading my heavy-weight-lifting bulk for mobility.

Never actually been on a diet, but this shit is working. Expect to be down another 20 by end of August, just in time for my anniversary and some vacation.
Looking forward to the shredded selfies on vaca!

Gene

Just happy to be here
I find fasting to be fairly easy, but:
  • The more I eat in a given day, the hungrier I am the next morning. This is particularly true if I eat a lot of sugar/carbs.
  • Black coffee is a powerful tool for getting through when hunger does hit.
  • It is not easy to hit a protein intake target when you’ve only got a limited window.

Latest posts