The Good Beer Company Holiday Potlucks!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden1

Reaction score
Lets flex those culinary muscles. Plan is to meet up 12-9-15 at 5 pm and then 1-3-16 at noon.

We are ok if you bring a bottle to share, but we aren't looking for a bottle share.

If you don't feel comfortable bringing food out please join us anyway for a beer and cool times. Maybe you can partner with another one of us and they can bring extra food and you can bring an extra beer for them.

Post here with what you are going to bring, or just show up with a surprise. Also people with better photography skills can post pictures of the food and good beer you missed.

Cheers, Kevin

Definitely can’t do Dec 9, but Jan 3 is a distinct possibility. I’ll know more as the date approaches.

So in! Will probably bring spinach-artichoke dip to one/both potlucks, and likely something else, too. (When all else fails, it frequently ends up being an orzo salad with sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese, and kalamata olives.) Oh, and we also talked baba ganoush.

Think we'll do any dessert beers? I've got a recipe for a decadent-looking chocolate salted caramel tart that I've been sitting on, waiting for an occasion to make it...

Last edited:
3rd works. I doubt the 9th will work (definitely no time for pot luck) but I'll try to swing by for a beer.

So is this just gonna be, like, 6 of us? We're still planning on coming. With spinach artichoke dip! (Will also likely be late. Don't think we'll be able to leave the westside before 4 at the earliest)

Last edited:
After some scheduling concerns, I think I will be able to join. I plan on bringing some porcine-laced treats. Only one bottle, though, creates sharing anxiety. Decisions, Decisions.

beeker-nervous.gif

The Beertender Angie said she was planning on making Mac and Cheese. She, Robyn and Brandon are Vegetarians so if you are able to leave the meat out of their portion they will probably be happy to try the foods. I will gladly take the extra meat on my portion.

I'm not planning on bringing any beer. Gotta drive home and want to be able to try as much GBC stuff as possible. Still haven't decided what I am bringing but I'll do something vegetarian.

I am going to bring some paper plates and plastic flatware. If your dish needs one please bring an utensil for serving.

Had a delay leaving the west side, and am now battling 405 traffic. Be there around six-ish with artichoke dip and baba ghanouj.

Thanks again for hosting. Happy to finally make it down and check the place out. Beautiful space you have. Really enjoyed the beer. If you keep making hoppy oro on the regular I could see myself drinking a ton of it in the summer.

Really looking forward to the next potluck. wuntrikpony brought some really cool stouts to the last potluck and I want to reiterate that we are okay if you bring a bottle to share, but we are not going for a full on bottle share. I filled a Crowler of Boneyard Suge Knite that we can open on the 3rd if there is interest. Also, we love what we brew so feel free to bring Sour/Wild/hoppy ales also.

Definitely can’t do Dec 9, but Jan 3 is a distinct possibility. I’ll know more as the date approaches.

3rd works. I doubt the 9th will work (definitely no time for pot luck) but I'll try to swing by for a beer.

Pretty much this for me as well. And time to figure out what to make...

I'll be down. Not sure what to bring yet, but I'll be sure to make it top tier.

No party would be complete without deviled eggs!
(even if it will get you made fun of in elementary school ;) )

After some scheduling concerns, I think I will be able to join. I plan on bringing some porcine-laced treats. Only one bottle, though, creates sharing anxiety. Decisions, Decisions.

beeker-nervous.gif

I just spent the day shooting with the Epic Meal Time guys...I never want to see meat again...vegetarian sounds like a plan.

It's almost time! Whose smiling faces should I expect to see come Sunday? Also, StarRaptor mentioned in another thread that he would be interested...

Planning on it! Provided that it doesn't interfere with when I need to go to the airport (which I don't think it does).

I'll be there. On deck for me is the following;

Mother Funker Pickled spears
Fantome dill Pickled carrots and cauliflower
New Glarus Raspberry Tart Cheese
A wheel of brie Cheese to go with;
- Sloambic blackberry reduction sauce
- Krieky Bones Cherry reduction sauce
- Raised Eyebrow Passionfruit reduction sauce
Duck liver Mousse with Cognac
a sliced baguette to eat dat **** up with.

HOWS THAT FOR NOT BRINGING BEER, GOLDEN

Awesome! I may try my hand at a big batch of miso soup if the weather is still Southern California Cold.
Let me say the bottle thing a different way: please bring a bottle per person if you have stuff you really want to share.
Also, I'm plan on bringing a Crowler of Shuge Knight from our trip to Bend.

Awesome! I may try my hand at a big batch of miso soup if the weather is still Southern California Cold.
Let me say the bottle thing a different way: please bring a bottle per person if you have stuff you really want to share.
Miso is super easy. I have faith in you!

Any marshmallow flavor requests? (NOT miso.)

A bottle per person is perfect! So I should bring 8-10 bottles? :D

Back