The Great Music of Talkbeer - 1962

Help Support Talkbeer:

Each Monday (typically) we'll introduce a new year from 1958 through 2017. Each member selects an album released in that year with a few lines (or more) on why you picked it/enjoy it. Your selection does not have to be the most important release or the most admired release of that year (though it certainly can be), simply an album that grabs you and that you really love.

However, once an album is selected by a member, you must choose a different album.

Together we will compile quite the canon of "Great Music" and, who knows, maybe inspire each other to check out some new artists (or to revisit old forgotten classics).

This week - the albums of 1962

Honorable mentions begin on Friday

No placeholders. You must post the artist and title followed by the album cover. You may edit your post to include a write-up or videos.

Here is a list of the top albums per Rate Your Music, which is the source I will use to determine an albums release date.
https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=1962&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

Might as well pick another Cash album. FAR from his greatest but does have a couple of hits on it.

Delia, oh, Delia
Delia all my life
If I hadn't shot poor Delia
I'd a had her for my wife
Delia's gone, one more round
Delia's gone

First time I shot her
Shot her in the side
Hard to watch her suffer
But with the second shot she died
Delia's gone, one more round
Delia's gone

(Link to media)

(Link to media)

Last edited:
Sentimentally Yours - Patsy Cline

About 15 to 20 years ago, my wife took a pottery class at the local community college. The teacher would play nothing but Patsy Cline every class and she got hooked. She bought a greatest hits album and got me hooked too.

Latest posts