The Jerome LIF 2018

Help Support Talkbeer:

We are just two weeks away from the 4th annual "The Jerome" LIF. There will be plenty of March Madness BIFs that involve the main bracket; this will be the only one that involves 32 conference brackets. That's right my friends, this LIF is the TalkBeer version of The Jerome! The annual contest that all of your favorite college hoops writers look forward to and talk about on twitter has come to TalkBeer. Here's the basic rules:

The object of The Jerome is to select winners in each of the 32 Division I men's college basketball conference tournaments contested between February 26 and March 11, 2018. You pick one team per league and earn points based on how far your squad advances.

If your team reaches its tournament final, you earn two points. If it wins the tourney, you win three more points, for a total of five. There’s a chance for bonuses, too. Any selected winner that 1.) entered its tourney seeded third or lower, AND 2.) played no more than two conference tourney games on its home court, gets you an extra two points. In the case of conferences that seed by division finish, all teams except the No. 1 seeds in each division will be eligible for the bonus. So, you can earn a maximum of seven points in some of the tournaments. Bonus points do not apply for teams that make the finals and lose. All scoring defers to the official Jerome scoresheet.

Now, the hard part, especially for you deadline types: By Tuesday, February 27 at 6 p.m. (EST), I need your selections for 14 leagues: America East, Atlantic Sun, Big South, Big Ten, Colonial Athletic, Horizon, Metro Atlantic, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Southern, Summit and West Coast.

By Tuesday, Mar. 6 at 6 p.m. (EST), I'll need picks for the remaining 18 leagues: American Athletic, Atlantic Coast, Atlantic 10, Big East, Big Sky, Big 12, Big West, Conference USA, Ivy, Mid-American, Mid-Eastern Athletic, Mountain West, Pac-12, Southeastern, Southland, Southwestern Athletic, Sun Belt and Western Athletic.

Just in case, the tiebreaker will be guessing what seed Purdue gets in the NCAA tournament.

Let's have some fun and somebody is going to win a nice box of beer for free. Lower 48 in the United States only please for shipping addresses. The contents of the winner's box will not be determined until the contest concludes on Selection Sunday. The better the performance of the winner, the better the contents of the box. I also reserve the right to send multiple boxes if we get enough entries to warrant such a situation. I'll compare it to the national standings including folks that actually cover the sport. Feel free to ask any and all questions. You can also reference last year's LIF.

Here is the full list of conference tournaments and brackets as they are released:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/schedules/conference-tournament

I feel like I need to sit this out as I have won the Jerome LIF in the past, I would like others to win.
Quality humblebrag!

You need to participate. You can't be the champ unless you dethrone the (or a previous) champ!!
I’m on the same page as JRBecks as I was lucky enough to win this fun little clambake last year (insert humblebrag here) and want to thank Peter once again for the amazingly generous box of Midwest treats he sent my way. l’m definitely in again as it’s an awesome and fun format. I’m hoping for a repeat performance but I too wish to remove myself from any prize eligibility.

If you’re on the fence about joining in here, I highly encourage it. One of the best LIFs of the year. Thanks again PHBoiler !

https://www.thejerome.org/

There is an official website this year for the big Jerome. Don't forget that even if you enter the real one, I still need your picks via PM.

Also if you're reading this in the future and think you're too late, you can always submit your picks even if they're late. You will only get credit/points for the tournaments that have yet to begin play but trust me that missing a few early tourneys will not disqualify your potential victory as we are not professionals here.