The Official Modern Times League Of Partygoers & Elegant People Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like burritos?

• Yes but I'm anti adjuncts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

drbenzo1

Reaction score
Hey Guise
I hear there some drama when talking about Modem Tones on that other site... We can post info hear about the League and new memberships, new bottle release, new coffee, parties, and any other interesting facts about the Times that are Modern.

OH... I don't have any new info...

Seriously, why the **** was that thread locked? That was definitely the best thread in the Pacific forum based on Jacob's participation ... WTF

For their $350-plus-tax membership fee, the 400 new initiates of The League will be getting 10 extremely rare barrel-aged beers, first dibs on an extensive list of the bomb-diggityest of danksauce whales, exclusive growler fills, a saucy welcome party, advance tickets opportunities for Modern Times events, exclusive League merchandise, and much more. Memberships go on sale December 1st, 2015 at 10am. You can see the full details—including the brain-melting beer list—and purchase your membership HERE.

Existing members get first crack, and I will certainly be joining again. Looking forward to hearing about the new beers list and such!

Anyone going to the Black Friday party?

Existing members get first crack, and I will certainly be joining again. Looking forward to hearing about the new beers list and such!

Anyone going to the Black Friday party?

I am hoping I can join up since I passed on it during the kickstarter like a scrub.

Black Friday party for me, second session.

No proxies removes a decent bit of headaches clubs can cause so it's a great decision. I don't really understand people who join clubs to breweries they can't visit easily though.

List of beers since I'm helpful:

League specific:
-Monsters' Park aged in Spanish brandy barrels (League exclusive)
-Monsters' Park aged in Nicaraguan rum barrels w/ cinnamon, cocoa nibs, chilis, & vanilla beans (i.e. Mexican Hot Chocolate Edition) (League exclusive)
-Triple Barrel Monsters' Park (a blend of rye, rum, & bourbon barrels) (League exclusive)
-Monsters' Park aged in Tennessee whiskey barrels w/ orange zest, coffee, & cocoa nibs (League exclusive)
-Monsters' Park aged in Barbados rum barrels w/ vanilla beans & coconut (League exclusive)
-Realism Island (white wine barrel-aged sour blond with cherries) (League exclusive)
-Valley of Sound (sour blond w/ peaches) (limited availability)
-Palace of Paper Sacks (sour saison w/ nectarines) (limited availability)
-School of Certain Victory (sour saison w/ apricots) (limited availability)
-Nautilus Harbour (white wine barrel-aged sour saison with plums) (League exclusive)

Available to everyone, kind of, I guess?
-Looking Backward (white wine barrel-aged sour blond) (limited availability)
-Kingdom of Dolls (white wine barrel-aged sour saison) (limited availability)
-Delectable Mountains (sour blond w/ kumquats- ~300 bottles available) (League exclusive)
-Empty Hats 2015 Edition (limited availability)
-News From Nowhere 2015 Edition (limited availability)
-Palace of Cracked Heads 2015 Edition (limited availability)
-Rampart Junction 2015 Edition (limited availability)
-Oracle of the Bottle 2015 Edition (limited availability)
-2 or more TBD dark sour variants (League exclusives)
-TBD dark sour 3-liter bottles (League exclusive)
-Monsters' Park aged in bourbon barrels (wide release)
-Monsters' Park aged in bourbon barrels w/ coffee (wide release)
-Monsters' Park aged in bourbon barrels w/ coconut & cocoa nibs (wide release)
-Monsters' Park aged in bourbon barrels - 1.5L bottles (extremely limited availability)
-Monsters' Park aged in WL Weller, Eagle Rare, Four Roses, & Old Forrester barrels (extremely limited availability of each through one retailer, otherwise League exclusive- ~250 bottles of each)
-Symmetric Orchestra (oak-aged Brett sour, wide release)
-Symmetric Orchestra w/ passionfruit (League exclusive)
-Symmetric Orchestra 3L bottles (League exclusive)
-Funky Monsters' Park aged in bourbon barrels (League exclusive)
-White Wine Barrel-Aged Funky Universal Friend w/ Pinot Grigio (League exclusive)
-Monsters' Playground (sour stout with citrus zest) (limited availability)
-Monsters' Park aged in rye barrels with NOLA coffee (coffee, chicory, vanilla) (limited availability)
-Devil's Teeth aged in bourbon barrels (limited availability)
-Devil's Teeth aged in bourbon barrels w/ bourbon barrel aged coffee (limited availability)
-Devil's Teeth aged in bourbon barrels w/ almond, cocoa nibs and vanilla beans (limited availability)
-Aztec Mummy (tequila barrel-aged gose) (limited availability)
-Aztec Mummy w/ mango & guava (limited availability)
-Monsters' Park w/ coconut & coffee (TBD availability)
-Neverwhere (TBD availability)
-Asteroid Cowboy (Brett sour IPA; TBD availability)
-Additional TBD single barrel, unique variant, and one-off opportunities

-Palace of Paper Sacks (sour saison w/ nectarines) (limited availability)
anigif_enhanced-buzz-27896-1372361961-10.gif

-Aztec Mummy (tequila barrel-aged gose) (limited availability)
tumblr_mntiolhySW1snpc3lo1_r1_500.gif

What's the deal with this whole American Apparel size stuff? Can someone splain for me?

What's the deal with this whole American Apparel size stuff? Can someone splain for me?

AA is small, so a L is actually a M and they tend to shrink as well. Whatever you normally wear, get 1 size larger is what I usually do.

Edit: Exmaple - I am small, but I still asked for a XL size.

Not sure I'm going to make the party but if i do then it will be a later session, cause my wife works that day. Plus it may be mellowed by the later session ;)

Back