The Peekskill Brewery Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EnjoyBy

Reaction score
I love this place. I prefer mostly West Coast IPAs, I live on Long Island and there are no great IPAs here, hence Cali beers were always my go tos. But I found Peekskill recently and love this place. Higher Standard is excellent an can go toe to toe with the best IPAs out there. It is great that I can go directly to the brewery and get fresh beer without constantly looking for bottled on dates.

So fellow Peekskill fans jump on in here.

Love the place. Have been up three times and had their beer countless other times in bars. At GABF this year I went to the Peekskill table all 3 days and I think 2 or 3 times each day for more amazeballs. Doing a growler run to Rushing Duck, Peekskill and Captain Lawrence this Saturday

My favorites so far have been Higher Standard, Midnight Toker, Amazeballs, Shotgun willy, Moscow on the Hudson, Awesome Sauce, and Tropic Thunder. I only wish I lived closer than I do (45 min.'s approx.). Higher Standard is one of the top 5 IIPA in this country.

An absolute NY gem of a brewery. Chief is really doing amazing (amazeballs?) things up there. Amazeballs and Higher Standard are my absolute favorites.

Malt Balls is now on tap. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow.

Is this a new batch or the same one that was on a month ago? For a brown ale, I actually really liked it.

Also, I'd like to see them reprise the Flavor Saver collab at some point. Drank my weight in that stuff. Amazing.

No mention of Simple Sour, though?! C'mon!

Is this a new batch or the same one that was on a month ago? For a brown ale, I actually really liked it.

Also, I'd like to see them reprise the Flavor Saver collab at some point. Drank my weight in that stuff. Amazing.

No mention of Simple Sour, though?! C'mon!
Malt Balls may have been on my last time down, but I got Moscowed and didn't see it if it was haha. Love Simple sour, and Flavor Saver, and Vaporizer, and Eastern Standard, and Crack of Dawn, and I always liked the Vanilla Porter too, so many to love!

Having them and Rushing Duck and Mill House so near is like an embarrassment of riches.

Gonna be up that way for my nephews birthday party today. What's the status of growler fills at Peekskill and Rushing Duck. 32;64? Only their growlers?

Peekskill will fill any growler. You're best off bringing a screw top though, as they have a counter-pressure fill system.

They will only fill the 64 ounce growlers out of the counter-pressure system. 32 ouncers get filled from tap out of tube. Also, counter-pressure system is on first floor.

Enjoy! Awesome place.

Peekskill is awesome - I really want to visit them and Rushing Duck again.

Any idea if they'll ever do some bottles at any point?

Haha this is a Wakeup Call for... Wakeup Call. Chief did this one a while back, it was the first of his hoppy and coffee beers, and I was lucky enough to taste it. The good news is there is a new batch of this amazing beer at PB right now, and it is even tastier than the first batch!

Also on is a new batch of Shotgun Willy. Malt Balls is also a worthy addition to their lineup, a nicely hopped Brown Ale that has a mouthfeel and finish unlike any brown I have had, so yummy. Amazeballs still on too, and they were on the last keg of Moscow on the Hudson, so you Baltic Porter lovers might need to hop on your bike pretty quick.

It very well could've just been brewed for Brewers Choice last night in Brooklyn. This beer is the real deal Holyfield though. Blonde sour. Fantastic

Ah, so this won't necessarily be on at the brewery. Gotcha.

Sounds pretty special!

I hope Aristocrat makes an appearance at the brewery- Chief is the man! Doing great things for the NY beer scene, for sure.

Woww really hope I can get some of the Aristocrat, guess a trip to PB after work tomorrow is in order. Will I see any of y'all?

& it looks like they have Pruno on, the collaboration w/ DeCicco`s. A "tropica ale" with a bunch of blood oranges, anyone try it yet ?

& it looks like they have Pruno on, the collaboration w/ DeCicco`s. A "tropica ale" with a bunch of blood oranges, anyone try it yet ?
Pruno is ****ing delicious. That citrus prison juice. (but seriously)

Woww really hope I can get some of the Aristocrat, guess a trip to PB after work tomorrow is in order. Will I see any of y'all?
Is it confirmed that it's tapped up there?

Another big thumbs up to Pruno, such a bold and bright mix of flavor!

Pruno is ****ing delicious. That citrus prison juice. (but seriously)

Is it confirmed that it's tapped up there?
No, not confirmed at all, but I need to get a growler of Higher Standard for Sunday and a Vaporizer for a trade partner anyway so kinda hoping.

So is it just me or did Peekskill bump up their growler prices?

I bought a 64oz of Higher Standard a few weeks ago and the bill was $26. Didn't think about it at first, but I vaguely remembered these being in the lower $20 range.

After looking at their Beer Menus page (last updated 2 weeks ago), I'm now seeing that stuff like Simple Sour is $18 for a fill. What happened here? Regular pour prices don't seem to have increased, so I'm having some trouble reconciling this sudden difference.

Honestly, that really won't keep me from getting the occasional fill here and there, but still....kinda crazy.

I bought a 64oz of Higher Standard a few weeks ago and the bill was $26. Didn't think about it at first, but I vaguely remembered these being in the lower $20 range.

After looking at their Beer Menus page (last updated 2 weeks ago), I'm now seeing that stuff like Simple Sour is $18 for a fill. What happened here? Regular pour prices don't seem to have increased, so I'm having some trouble reconciling this sudden difference.

Honestly, that really won't keep me from getting the occasional fill here and there, but still....kinda crazy.

Inclusive of glass or did you BYO growlers? I remember a few months ago getting two growlers of Amazeballs, had my own glass, and the bill was like $45 which did seem high. It's definitely possible things have been slowly creeping up.

Inclusive of glass or did you BYO growlers? I remember a few months ago getting two growlers of Amazeballs, had my own glass, and the bill was like $45 which did seem high. It's definitely possible things have been slowly creeping up.

Brought my own Peekskill branded growler.

To their credit, I do quite enjoy using the Growler Rewards card. Only a few fills away from a free one.

Hmmm....wonder if they'll let you get a fill of anything or just one of a select few taps (i.e. like what they do with the Ploughman's Platter)

this is my one gripe with them, and to be honest it's been going on since the old pub. Instead of a fair, consistent price, they basically just keep raising them until they've reached the absolute maximum anyone would be willing to pay. Deterring regular customers from getting fills to cash in on people who don't know better I guess? It's a really shitty way to do business. Same reason why I won't pay for their incredibly overpriced food anymore. At least the beer lives up to the hype, but it's not worth $26 a growler for a IIPA. They are pretty out of touch in this respect.

Last edited:
7ztRWRz.jpg

This is crazy good. Like a mini reincarnation of Brute!

And yup, it's available for fills. Indicated by a label on their growler fill machine.

Looks like all of the fills that are $18 now used to be $16. Higher Standard is off now, but it definitely used to be $20, curious to see what it is when it comes back.

Looks like all of the fills that are $18 now used to be $16. Higher Standard is off now, but it definitely used to be $20, curious to see what it is when it comes back.

Was told yesterday that $26 is the new "standard" for the higher octane brews.

See: Vaporizer.

Aristocrats is a super refreshing, bracingly sour beer with hints of funk. Clean as a whistle, this is one to satisfy the Berliner lover among us. Nearest I can compare that I have had is Maiden Fields, but it is listed as a farmhouse ale on the other site. To my tastes this is more a traditional Berliner, which routinely had brett according to Ron Pattinson, and not really a saison. Sour lovers? Get some of this for your delicous fix.

I know this is a long shot, but I'll be driving my soon to be in-laws to Woodbury. Any chance Peekskill will be open on Thanksgiving Day?

Latest posts

Back