The RI Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thechrislife

Reaction score
I think that there are finally enough breweries with enough worthwhile things going on in our tiny state to warrant a thread here.

Let's all keep up to date on events, bottle releases, sightings, etc.

Stopped in at Proclamation on Friday and they have bottles of Plattelander Rood, Plattelander, and Zzzlumber for sale.

Grey Sail has the Flotsam and Brettsam bottle release on Thursday. Anyone spotted Captain's Daughter on shelves around the state?

Tilted Barn looks to open in the next few weeks. Looking forward to getting a taste there.

Good to hear that tilted barn is almost open - been looking forward to seeing what they end up doing.

I've heard that Captains Daughter will be on shelves throughout the state (if it isn't already). I haven't been to the store in way too long though. That's probably because I spend at least a little time most weekends at Proclamation. Really pleased with what he has been putting out and looking forward some new batches of Keraterra. If anyone ever wants to meet up at Proclamation on a Friday or Saturday, hit me up. I was there last Friday and would expect we probably met without knowing it.

The next batch of Captain's daughter will be at our distributor today and should be on shelves be week's end at the latest. Batch three will be packed out on Wednesday. Growlers for sale at the brewery friday-sunday too. I work the tasting room saturdays and sundays and would love to have anyone stop by and chat. Sundays are the best days for hanging out as they are the least busy. I will be there thursday night too, not working, probably just hanging out and drinking. i really really dig flotsam and brettsam too. gushes a bit (its no jolly pumpkin haha) but super super delicious and wicked quaffable. we also have some new glassware coming out too. (same shape as the tired hands/prairie dino's).

I am also at Proc most friday afternoons with Beerologist hanging out for a little bit. I really really love what Dave does and definitely am excited to see what else is coming out.

I'm going to be in Providence this weekend for Rhode Island Comic Con and was looking to find good places to go for beer and other drinks, either bar or bottle shop. Any suggestions?

I'm going to be in Providence this weekend for Rhode Island Comic Con and was looking to find good places to go for beer and other drinks, either bar or bottle shop. Any suggestions?
Nikki's, Bottles, High Spirits are great bottle shops. Julian's is an awesome craft bar as well.

Dinner at Julian's with great beer, then head around the corner and go to the Avery for drinks after dinner.

Both located very close to the Convention Center (where I assume Comic Con is).

Dinner at Julian's with great beer, then head around the corner and go to the Avery for drinks after dinner.

Both located very close to the Convention Center (where I assume Comic Con is).
The Avery popped up in my googling. Their website is useless so it's hard to know what to expect from that place. I think they have a creepy basement, thanks yelp.

Oh good he did finally announce it! I was wondering when that was coming. Good for him man. I can't wait to see what else he comes out with. I know we will be doing more collabs coming in the relatively near future.

they will be $9 500ml bottles. at 500ml, it allows people to get 4 each (thanks to the 72oz/person restriction) instead of 2 at 750ml format.

we also have new glasses for sale (the same style as the prairie dino/catfish, tired hands ones). 10.5 ounces
10748977_10205165039316509_1990766013_n.jpg

yeah im pretty gassed on both of them. i love those glasses and helped name the beer too ;) *toots his own horn.

the little swell series is our small batch barrel aged series. most will be wild ales but our buffalo trace barrel aged imperial stout will be on deck for the series.

Yesterday after work stopped by Proclamation for a quick tasting and a couple bottles of Plattelander Rood, and then headed down to Grey Sail for the F&B release:
I'm sorry I missed you! but thanks for coming down my man! I hope you enjoy it all. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

I wouldn't mind getting a couple of bottles of Plattelander Rood to try. Could offer up Night Shift/Trillium stuff or anything else up here in MA.

Let me know what you think of the Grey Sail stuff. We have lots more coming out soon too. A christmas beer (bourbon barrel aged fig something or other and a red wine barrel aged brett saison). We just added cherries to a bourbon barrel of our dark star as well. And our third anniversary Imperial India Pale lager is going to be sent out in a few weeks. Hopped with galaxy, simcoe, amarillo, mosaic, and citra. 4 packs, 16oz cans. there are also rumblings of some sort of collab with ProclamationAle.

And whoever visits Tilted Barn first has to come back and report what they think! Very excited for another fresh face around here.

Plattelander almost tastes like orange juice, it must have a fai
Let me know what you think of the Grey Sail stuff. We have lots more coming out soon too. A christmas beer (bourbon barrel aged fig something or other and a red wine barrel aged brett saison). We just added cherries to a bourbon barrel of our dark star as well. And our third anniversary Imperial India Pale lager is going to be sent out in a few weeks. Hopped with galaxy, simcoe, amarillo, mosaic, and citra. 4 packs, 16oz cans. there are also rumblings of some sort of collab with ProclamationAle.

And whoever visits Tilted Barn first has to come back and report what they think! Very excited for another fresh face around here.
I actually have met Josh a few times, but not since he left Mayflower. He used to come up to a cask ale fest in Boston every year called NERAX. When I first met him he was a home brewer, then he went to school and ended up at Mayflower. I guess Westerly is too far for him to make it up for the fest now. Last time he was up for it we ended up going out to a few places and I dropped him and his girl off about 1am at the B&B they were staying at.

Plattelander almost tastes like orange juice, it must have a fai

I actually have met Josh a few times, but not since he left Mayflower. He used to come up to a cask ale fest in Boston every year called NERAX. When I first met him he was a home brewer, then he went to school and ended up at Mayflower. I guess Westerly is too far for him to make it up for the fest now. Last time he was up for it we ended up going out to a few places and I dropped him and his girl off about 1am at the B&B they were staying at.
Oh nice! He still makes it to NERAX when he can. We have been exceptionally busy especially this past year. I know we still send firkins up to it. Let me know if you are ever down in this area and we can share some bottles!

been a while. few things going on.

tons of news coming out of proclamation including purchasing a foudre, which is awesome. the most recent batch of derivative: mosaic was phenomenal. Alpaca Magi bottle release friday. tendril and zzzlumber coming soon.

beervana tickets on sale. my favorite festival of the year. not to be missed.

Alpaca release was crazy - sold out in 75 minutes and a pretty ridiculous line at opening. At least for RI. Looking forward to more zzzlumber in the near future. Some zzzlumber went on tap for tastings after the Alpaca sold out and the Derivative kicked. Hoping it gets bottled so I can actually hold on to some of it this time around.

Back