The Saison Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

3 total bangers last night watching Survivor Series with two friends:
110 ft north vintage by Suarez thanks to Os for that one in a LIF last year. Exquisite body. Crisp & clean. Some white tea. Oaky vanilla on the finish. Maybe a hint of juniper. Beautiful beer.

Double Raspberry Lineage Wheat from Trillium. Insane red color. Huge jammy nose. Unexpectedly great bones. Nice yeast character. Clean and dry but hugely jammy and fruity. A top five fruited saison for me. It's not as earthy and fresh raspberry as say Framboise du Fermier, but it's different in the jamminess and the current trend to fruit the hell out of things. Really great.

Gin barrel saison with black currants from Werk Force. All those earthy and tannic notes like you get from Black Agnes with a clean bodied saison. Some juniper from the gin barrel and some oak notes. Very impressive. I believe they've done well at FOBAB too.

Gin barrel saison with black currants from Werk Force. All those earthy and tannic notes like you get from Black Agnes with a clean bodied saison. Some juniper from the gin barrel and some oak notes. Very impressive. I believe they've done well at FOBAB too.
Brando and team at Werk Force have done a great job with Farmhouse Vultures and its fruited variants as I wasn't a huge fan when they first started releasing it off their old system, but it has really come into its own over the past couple of years.

Side by side of two of my favorite beers I did a few weeks ago. Batches are whatever was on the shelf locally.

La Verm was the favorite overall. Both were expertly carbonated and great examples of what the style could be; but the peppery, slightly hoppy, coarse and yeasty taste of La Verm was more enjoyable than the much more simple, slightly spiced and fruity character of Fantome.

Overall, I’m at the point where I could buy Blaugies 12 packs and 3 of each new batch of whatever label Fantome. This was just fun to do for science.

Latest posts