The Saison Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

I had this 4/22/15 Dorothy earlier this week as a birthday beer. Even considering the source, at 4 years, I was curious whether the brett might've started to do some damage to the body and depth. Foolish thought given "Shaun Hill is easily the best...etc." The complexity of fruity and earthy flavors this thing had make it easy to relate to the romance with which someone like Chad Yakobson talks about brett.

So looking forward to this! I'm going to have to seek his beers out again. I have one Beer Brut left but I'm sure it's past it's prime now.
Things Are Beautiful is my last bottle. In the fridge and at the ready. Waiting to open with folks that will appreciate it. Much like my last bottle of Deciduous before Dave left. Still have a Predestination.

Verdance was one of my top beers of all time. That beer was just amazing.
Agreed and there are a handful of TBers who felt similarly, myself included.

View attachment 7621 Guess I couldn’t keep waiting after the topic came up.
Samesies

My last one. Not what it once was, but still lovely when I opened it a couple weeks back. Bellingham locals are in for a treat.

8F58735C-BA7A-42B2-AFAF-48F812CC0894.jpeg All the yes. Insert boner alert dot gif. Up there with the first run of SP saison before the tartness blew away the funk. Superb carb. Dryness balances by some modern hops. Definitely get those CC ipa flavors on the front end. Just some notes of lemon as far as tartness goes. Such a crusher on a warm weekend. Wish it wasn’t $40/bottle though.

Latest posts