US - Pacific The San Diego area thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

A sad day over on BA (as if there were ever any good days) but goons got the banhammer it seems. =( How will I get my daily dose of over the top back and forth banter between him and pretty much everyone else?

Tyrsis go start some shit plz?
I know, kinda bummed for that. It was really fun trying to decode his broken english.

So Toronado goes from vegan back to meat city with its food menu. I don't go there that often these days but I'd be sad to see them close.

So Toronado goes from vegan back to meat city with its food menu. I don't go there that often these days but I'd be sad to see them close.
They really seem to struggle with their kitchen now that there is crazy competition in the neighborhood.

No vegans going to Toro these days?

With full acknowledgement that I'm a huge homer for Toronado, I'm thrilled about the menu change. Anthem's food was awful. Funny business arrangement as it seemed that people would come in for beer and never order food, and a decent amount of people would come in for food and not order beer. Probably an anomaly since new things are bright and shiny, but last night was the busiest I've seen Toronado on a weekday in a while. No open seats at the bar and ~5-6 tables occupied around 7:30p. Ham/gruyere grilled cheese (add pickles) was good, bacon/fig/gruyere was too sweet and too much bacon for me. I also dislike bacon, so fuck me, right? Cellarmaker, $4 aurora hoppyalis, and Brew 3k at $1/oz (if you smile pretty might even get a big pour) made for an excellent Thursday.

RR/O'Brien's 25th O'vation is very delicious. I would put it as a mix between sanctification and consecration, but without the red wine barrels.
IIRC the blend is something like 40% Consecration, 30% Supplication (and this is apparently the first time those two beers have ever been released as a mix before), and 30% an “orphan” sour with pinot noir staves.

Lots of good stories from Vinnie last night. Apparently there was about a 1.5 year period between RR closing under old ownership and then re-opening under Vinnie and Natalie’s stewardship, and Tom doing very Tom things, stashed away a bunch of kegs and then put them on for a RR re-opening tap takeover at the pub.

Last edited:

Latest posts