US - Pacific The San Diego area thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Collabapaloozas lineup seems awesome. I’m getting pickier with my beer fests and this one seems ideal. Also the post fest spillover into any number of 20 excellent places
Wow. Had I known about this I might not have volunteered to take this work trip to Dubai. With the new park slated to be constructed in that parking lot I wonder where it'll be next year.

Yeah what the hell?

And just putting it out there, but Toro still supporting Heineken owned Laginitas and doing the $2 pints of SNPA hurts the whole block.

Listened to it on the drive home yesterday. Shout outs to Sebowski and benbikes4beer in it. #Nelson
lol meanwhile dontdrinkbeer recounts a story in the latest Malt Couture ep about PMG shitting all over nanobrew's awesome sodas

last time I was at PP Bressi they had fliers for “kill the keg night” I think is what it was titled but it was $2 SN Pale I saw that as SN trying to keep that beer relevant.
People line up at Disneyland to buy full pours of SNPA at $11/pint (myself included). That beer is plenty relevant.

The subtitle is "Toronado is fighting to pour on" and then the story doesn't give a single mention to the challenges they've faced over the past few years. Nice.
Nor does it actually ever delve into what made that place special - big Nate (and Dan and Jenna and Chelsea and...), steak nights, Pliny on draft 24/7, Nelson on draft almost 24/7. It doesn't really make the case as to why it's special now either - or does a poor job of highlighting that. Disappointing puff piece.

Well if anything the article got people talking. I saw on FB that Karen is limited to 500 words for articles so that's why it seems so abrupt.

I with those of you who find it to be too loud. Last time I was at Hammy's for 2nd Saturday it was really hard for me to hear people talking. My hearing is not good when there is a lot of background noise.

Too much loud music over the years? Hmm....

lol meanwhile dontdrinkbeer recounts a story in the latest Malt Couture ep about PMG shitting all over nanobrew's awesome sodas

I had no idea what PMG meant, so listened to the podcast. I compelling forgot about that. It was funny. I have served my sodas so much that hearing and seeing adverse reaction is not new to me. The funny part about that is the overreaction followed by over correction.

Unfortunately soda won't be at this woodshop, I am too busy to whip anything up. I am not even sure if I will be able to make it.

I had no idea what PMG meant, so listened to the podcast. I compelling forgot about that. It was funny. I have served my sodas so much that hearing and seeing adverse reaction is not new to me. The funny part about that is the overreaction followed by over correction.

Unfortunately soda won't be at this woodshop, I am too busy to whip anything up. I am not even sure if I will be able to make it.
Soooooo..... what does PMG mean?

So...had some of that new Resident beer Baby Sips last night. I went through about 3-4 tasters before I realized it wasn't even barrel-aged. Beer was thick. Tons of coffee on the nose, tasted like a coffee brownie, but the thick brownie part where it doesn't quite cook all the way on the edges, the gooey part. Very delicious.

Edit: It is a pastry stout, but the coffee flavor tones down the sweetness significantly.

Xul

So...had some of that new Resident beer Baby Sips last night. I went through about 3-4 tasters before I realized it wasn't even barrel-aged. Beer was thick. Tons of coffee on the nose, tasted like a coffee brownie, but the thick brownie part where it doesn't quite cook all the way on the edges, the gooey part. Very delicious.

Edit: It is a pastry stout, but the coffee flavor tones down the sweetness significantly.
I was glad to see you hyping it on SD Beer Friends last night - with < 350 bottles available and a limit of 4pp, there was still a chance it might last more than 10 seconds before selling out. Heaven forbid.

Latest posts