US - Pacific The San Diego area thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

I was glad to see you hyping it on SD Beer Friends last night - with < 350 bottles available and a limit of 4pp, there was still a chance it might last more than 10 seconds before selling out. Heaven forbid.
I did ask to make sure I could post about it since it was Lance's bottle that he got early, in order to hype it up. So I was doing my part to help. I know, I both helped Resident (...maybe, I like to think I have some influence but then reality sets in and I realize I am still just a pleb) and hurt those thinking it will be an easy release.

I also did not know the bottle count, but I did have a feeling it was going to be small.

Is that true?
They've done peach sours since then. Didn't they do a peach veritas? When the yellow bus peach tree died, so did the hope for future yellow bus, ostensibly.
Yes.

From the email sent to members -
"Hey all,
Completely forgot I wanted to share a few of the beers for club next year. We are working with Shaun from Hill Farmstead on a collab, of course the return of our Sinner's Blend that we'll be relying on our club members to help decide what that looks like, Cable Car 2020, and after much investigation from Tomme, the return of Yellow Bus.

Cheers!"

Yes.

"Hey all,
Completely forgot I wanted to share a few of the beers for club next year. We are working with Shaun from Hill Farmstead on a collab, of course the return of our Sinner's Blend that we'll be relying on our club members to help decide what that looks like, Cable Car 2020, and after much investigation from Tomme, the return of Yellow Bus.

Cheers!"
nice

Yes.

"Hey all,

Cheers!"
There's still a Lost Abbey club?

Cool.

Are you a Saint or a Sinner?

Not best run club but the beers overall have been outstanding.
I actually prefer this kind of club. I know I am getting beers, I don't need to be sent an email every week (seems some in the FB group do). Box is ready, here is the pickup date, you can buy a couple extra if you so choose, date comes, collect box, get free taster, go home.

It is basically the same thing as SARA, although they allow significantly more time for pickup.

I actually prefer this kind of club. I know I am getting beers, I don't need to be sent an email every week (seems some in the FB group do). Box is ready, here is the pickup date, you can buy a couple extra if you so choose, date comes, collect box, get free taster, go home.

It is basically the same thing as SARA, although they allow significantly more time for pickup.
Yeah, I agree on that part. I just feel like members have to drag information out of the people involved instead of them having it ready to go.

So...had some of that new Resident beer Baby Sips last night. I went through about 3-4 tasters before I realized it wasn't even barrel-aged. Beer was thick. Tons of coffee on the nose, tasted like a coffee brownie, but the thick brownie part where it doesn't quite cook all the way on the edges, the gooey part. Very delicious.

Edit: It is a pastry stout, but the coffee flavor tones down the sweetness significantly.
I was all in until I saw the $20 + tax/fees price tag and noped out real quick.

Xul

Yes.

"Hey all,

Cheers!"
Have they provided any timeline on renewals, and then when new memberships will start opening up to people on the waiting list?

Have they provided any timeline on renewals, and then when new memberships will start opening up to people on the waiting list?
"We are also opening up re-ups for the club, they're currently live on the website (shop.lostabbey.com) under the Sinners Portal, so make sure you're logged in. We also have the "waiting list" live as well, if you wanted to refer anyone to the club, just have them put your name in the comments section, working on something to say thank you. I'll be putting any leftover spots up for sale to the general public starting on November 8th."

^^Kinda not really spelled out if those that do the waiting list are priority over the public, I assume so...but not explicitly stated.

Xul

Two rip current BA beers went on sale on eventbrite. Black lagoon and End of the World. Picked up end of the world, but the black lagoon sold out for NP pick up, so hopefully they have some more on the first pick up day for sale.
Per Paul's response to a similar question on Facebook, there will be a limited number of bottles for sale at the NP tasting room on 11/08. They're also pulling some kegs of BA beers out of the archives for the event.

Latest posts