US - Pacific The San Diego area thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Word. I purposely skipped out on other stuff because I knew Woodshop would be coming to wreck me.
Same, I skipped any friday events so that I could recoup from the week and carbo-load in preperation and then also skipped on Barrel Night since I didn't think it would be wise to do both. Ah well, the shitty archaic uninterpretable rules police that hates fun strikes again.

Last edited:
So uh what happened with Woodshop?
Basically, "The reason for our event postponement is because of ABC concerns that unexpectedly arose due to listing the event on Brown Paper Tickets, which technically classifies it as a “public event” per the ABC. We had never experienced this concern in the 13+ years of Woodshop events across multiple venues and cities."

ABC slapped cquiroga hand and said "no, stop it, bad."

There was more in the email about discussions trying to get whatever issues ABC had resolved, but didn't work out. =(

Xul

Found a low fill bine of the times last night and cracked it tonight. Try to find one if it's not sold out. That's all
+1, hot damn is this beer great. kingg wasn't joking when he told me that Mikkeller SD surpassed Bine Mender. Phenomenal barrel character, great coffee, and a deep chocolate profile from the base...just outstanding. If you haven't grabbed a can (or more), you're missing out.

Wild Barrel is has been wanting to add a patio space and of course needed to get the ABC's approval. On the 25th they were there and the homebrew competition and Woodshop got brought up. The ABC agent told them that neither could be hosted there based on their license. I had less than 24 hours to scramble to find a new judging venue and lost quite a few judges in the process. I was hoping with Woodshop would have been resolved in time but it's sad to hear that did not happen.

I'm sure such events will be fine in the future once things settle out as the laws do allow breweries to host private events (be it with homebrew or off premise brewed beers).

Latest posts

Group Builder