US - Pacific The San Diego area thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Finally, a Lost Cause membership!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2020-coveters-club-membership-tickets-83090665417

...oof, is it just me or does that price seem a little steep?

I value the bottles around 190-200 (25/bottle). The 2 parties will hopefully be either no payment for the meads either unlimited or like 5-6 pours, again, hopefully.

Aside from that, I think you would need to be able to take advantage of the discount to make up for it. I do think it is a tad much for what they are offering, but I can easily get back $60 in just discount usage.

So yes to being steep if you don't visit all that often.

I value the bottles around 190-200 (25/bottle). The 2 parties will hopefully be either no payment for the meads either unlimited or like 5-6 pours, again, hopefully.

Aside from that, I think you would need to be able to take advantage of the discount to make up for it. I do think it is a tad much for what they are offering, but I can easily get back $60 in just discount usage.

So yes to being steep if you don't visit all that often.
I guess if they're going to start making meads north of $25, it's a little more reasonable, but it's a hard bargain for me - especially when some of their less expensive, more widely available meads are just as good. I killed a bottle of Lemon's Cello last week while marathoning through Mindhunter. No ragrets.

Chasing Shadows might be the best IPA I've had all year.
you can't fucking name the beer and not give any more damn info about it

Xul

I guess if they're going to start making meads north of $25, it's a little more reasonable, but it's a hard bargain for me - especially when some of their less expensive, more widely available meads are just as good. I killed a bottle of Lemon's Cello last week while marathoning through Mindhunter. No ragrets.
It sounds like they are going to experiment more with the small batch meads and use pricier ingredients.

I agree, Lemon's Cello is stupidly crushable, just like the Heavy Meadows.

Chasing Shadows might be the best IPA I've had all year.
I really like Burgeon. Their IPA is consistent and usually good to very good, though never reaching great. I had a taster of Casting Shadows at Bottlecraft and didn't think it was as good as Treevana or most of the other WC IPA they've done. I'll have to try it again, perhaps a pint this time.

I really like Burgeon. Their IPA is consistent and usually good to very good, though never reaching great. I had a taster of Casting Shadows at Bottlecraft and didn't think it was as good as Treevana or most of the other WC IPA they've done. I'll have to try it again, perhaps a pint this time.
I think I've had 6 or so pints in the last two weeks. And a boot at Obriens...

Curious to get reports on the Pupil cans. That beer used to be awesome but I've been disappointed when I've ordered it the last couple years.

Latest posts