US - Pacific The San Diego area thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Opened a can last night and loved it. Bright and crisp, ordered a few times at local bars and have had a more malty than I remember flavor. This batch of cans did not. Very excited.
Can confirm. I've opened two already, and they gave me all those bubbly og west coast IPA feels like the first time I had Blind Pig or Ponto or...well, Pupil.

I value the bottles around 190-200 (25/bottle). The 2 parties will hopefully be either no payment for the meads either unlimited or like 5-6 pours, again, hopefully.

Aside from that, I think you would need to be able to take advantage of the discount to make up for it. I do think it is a tad much for what they are offering, but I can easily get back $60 in just discount usage.

So yes to being steep if you don't visit all that often.
I pulled the trigger. Cheaper than Alesmith membership, which I didn't renew. We'll see how it goes! It was a little pricier than I was anticipating, but I place a decent amount of value of being able to purchase online and pick up at my leisure. I'm in that area somewhat frequently for seafood purchases (Catalina Offshore) and it's a quick jaunt from my office. It can also be part of a trip to Modern Times. Win, win, win.

I pulled the trigger. Cheaper than Alesmith membership, which I didn't renew. We'll see how it goes! It was a little pricier than I was anticipating, but I place a decent amount of value of being able to purchase online and pick up at my leisure. I'm in that area somewhat frequently for seafood purchases (Catalina Offshore) and it's a quick jaunt from my office. It can also be part of a trip to Modern Times. Win, win, win.
Don't forget to check out Deft Brewing next door. Making some great beers. Get the London Porter and Sticke Alt.

The pickups for me will be more of the issue since I am not in that area, but they are planning on keeping the Miralani location so I am just going to use and abuse my discount there since it is about a mile or so away from my house.

Wait, are they not doing pickups at the Miralani location?
"Picking up your meads in person: Although we are happy to hold onto your meads until the designated pickup time, we HIGHLY encourage you pick them up as they are released so you can enjoy them while we do. Bottles need to be picked up at our Bay Park tasting room located at 5328 Banks Street Suite B, San Diego, CA 92110."

Doesn't seem like it. I imagine that once they move all of their tanks to the new location that serpentine will take over that small area to increase their production, pretty much leaving Lost Cause to only have space in the cold box and maybe a couple shelves for merch.

Opened a can last night and loved it. Bright and crisp, ordered a few times at local bars and have had a more malty than I remember flavor. This batch of cans did not. Very excited.
Can confirm. I've opened two already, and they gave me all those bubbly og west coast IPA feels like the first time I had Blind Pig or Ponto or...well, Pupil.
Absolutely in love with these cans. Bought a case per request from a friend out East to ship and ended up drinking more of them myself than either of us planned on. Hoping this becomes a regular thing.

4 of the 6 investors at Kings & Convicts have been kept secret. How many Pupil cans do you want to bet that one is likely Jack White?
Can't lie. That would be awesome. Get the $1bn buyout and then buy it back for less (I assume less since there is no way anybody would buy it for 1bn when Constellation shows it has been hemorrhaging money ever since it bought it).

Latest posts