US - Pacific The San Diego area thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

4 of the 6 investors at Kings & Convicts have been kept secret. How many Pupil cans do you want to bet that one is likely Jack White?
Would be hilarious if he buys it back for less than half he sold it for, then builds it back up and resells it for another billion haha.

Talked to a guy in my club who works for BP. Said the new overlords were here yesterday visiting locations in San Diego.

Meanwhile go get the Scottish Ale at Fourpenny before they close.

Meanwhile go get the Scottish Ale at Fourpenny before they close.
who.gif

Is anyone going to the Lost Cause 2nd Anniversary tomorrow? I'm not able to make it due to family reasons (and also I ended up with a cold), but if anybody could pick up the two release bottles for me, that'd be baller.

who.gif

Is anyone going to the Lost Cause 2nd Anniversary tomorrow? I'm not able to make it due to family reasons (and also I ended up with a cold), but if anybody could pick up the two release bottles for me, that'd be baller.
Do you even East County, bro?

I might check out Lost Cause tomorrow since the girlfriend is out of town and I have no plans.

Xul

lolwut

$50 for the right to buy beer early is a little wack, but damn, 30% discount on Great & Keene Idea + 10% off all beer almost sounds worth it.
If you plan to buy enough of the beer, yeah, it's actually great from a consumer perspective.

I'm more curious what the hell the upside is for Alpine here. $50/person isn't much cash up-front for them to play with, they're offering a rather large discount, and they're adding labor costs on their side with the hassle of running a club and shipping beer. Perhaps there's more big-picture stuff to come, but by itself, this doesn't make a ton of sense from a business perspective.

If you plan to buy enough of the beer, yeah, it's actually great from a consumer perspective.

I'm more curious what the hell the upside is for Alpine here. $50/person isn't much cash up-front for them to play with, they're offering a rather large discount, and they're adding labor costs on their side with the hassle of running a club and shipping beer. Perhaps there's more big-picture stuff to come, but by itself, this doesn't make a ton of sense from a business perspective.
Agreed that this doesn't seem to make a whole lot of business sense. I'm giving it a shot, I've spent $50 on worse. You really don't have to spend all that much to have this pay for itself, and I do place some value on early access and holding for pick ups at more convenient times for me.

Yeah that was my second thought too.

Makes me really curious as to the actual inner-workings of Green Flash - haven't really heard much from them since the whole Hinckley debacle.

So these beers are all brewed up the hill? (Is that still a good thing?)

Anyone know if pickups will be available at the Mira Mesa GF location? It would be nice to have a steady hookup on fresh WCIPAs but not worth driving to Alpine for.

Agreed that this doesn't seem to make a whole lot of business sense. I'm giving it a shot, I've spent $50 on worse. You really don't have to spend all that much to have this pay for itself, and I do place some value on early access and holding for pick ups at more convenient times for me.
I just bought one too. Now that I'm in Lakeside I'm really darned close to Alpine, so I might as well give it a shot.

Anyone know if pickups will be available at the Mira Mesa GF location? It would be nice to have a steady hookup on fresh WCIPAs but not worth driving to Alpine for.
Same questions. That release calendar looks tasty if they're Alpine beers and not Green Flash.

I mean, afaik beers like Keene Idea and Great have always been brewed up the hill. And while I haven't had their beers in a hot minute, I've heard that on the whole they've been pretty solid across the board recently.

Latest posts