US - Pacific The San Diego area thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

October, for my money, is prime sober time.
When I start up my October horror movie marathon, some titles cause me to drink after watching them in order to help erase some of the scenes I just saw.

For me, the prime sober time is just never. Just run a bit more each week and do some regular exercises each morning for like 20-30minutes to make it feel like you are calorie neutral with your drinking. =P

“I’m 40 now and I have three kids — 12, 9 and 5 — and the days of me drinking multiple IPAs after work are long gone,” he said. “This is what my wife and I and my friends have gravitated toward, drinking the hard seltzers because you can still have fun and have a couple of drinks and not really feel it in the morning”
So be responsible and just drink one IPA after work slowly, stupid.

So they acquired the rights to Tiny Bubbles from Hollister and are using it for their answer to hard seltzer. Tomme says he's not making seltzer so they are taking this approach with yet another brand.
That's...weird? So are they using the actual Tiny Bubbles beer as a base - or just using the name for shits and giggles?

That's...weird?
Weird indeed. Coronado didn't have success managing multiple brands (Monkey Paw, Tusk & Grain), and Green Flash sure didn't win hearts and minds with Cellar 3, so I'm not sure why Lost Abbey would invest in buying and then building another brand -- unless maybe they think the Lost Abbey brand no longer resonates with today's generation of drinkers.

This sounds like the reason they started The Hop Concept and now this new project.
I kind of felt like the Hop Concept was a way to differentiate/get away from the Pizza Port/Port brand. Tiny Bubbles sounds like a way to differentiate from the Lost Abbey. It was already confusing for people when it was Lost Abbey/Port Brewing and now it's only going to get worse.

Weird indeed. Coronado didn't have success managing multiple brands (Monkey Paw, Tusk & Grain), and Green Flash sure didn't win hearts and minds with Cellar 3, so I'm not sure why Lost Abbey would invest in buying and then building another brand -- unless maybe they think the Lost Abbey brand no longer resonates with today's generation of drinkers.
I thought that they had different sets of ownership for different groups as well, so maybe it's tied to that?

Latest posts