US - Pacific The San Diego area thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Yeah? Interesting. Source?
Email sent to their Stable members.

Edit: Pasting the email txt might help

"Hello loyal Stable Members,

The time has come for Brandon and I to close up shop and say goodbye to Orange County. It has been a dream for Brandon and I to eventually move back to our hometown of Julian, California and open a true farmhouse brewery.

Big changes came to our family almost 2 years ago with the birth of our son, Jack. It has been difficult running a business and raising a child without our extended families close by.

We have decided it is now the best time to turn our farmhouse dream into a reality. Not only to make beer we are very passionate about but also so we can raise our child closer to our extended families.

We would like to thank you for the support over the past 5 years. We are very thankful and grateful. The Tasting Room will remain open for the time being. Come by Friday through Sunday to have a few beers, pick up your final beers, and chat it up with Robyn. This is not goodbye forever, but farewell for now. Be on the lookout for our new farm-to-beer project in the next few years.

Thank you,

Brandon and Robyn
The Good Beer Company"

Email sent to their Stable members.

Edit: Pasting the email txt might help

"Hello loyal Stable Members,

The time has come for Brandon and I to close up shop and say goodbye to Orange County. It has been a dream for Brandon and I to eventually move back to our hometown of Julian, California and open a true farmhouse brewery.

Big changes came to our family almost 2 years ago with the birth of our son, Jack. It has been difficult running a business and raising a child without our extended families close by.

We have decided it is now the best time to turn our farmhouse dream into a reality. Not only to make beer we are very passionate about but also so we can raise our child closer to our extended families.

We would like to thank you for the support over the past 5 years. We are very thankful and grateful. The Tasting Room will remain open for the time being. Come by Friday through Sunday to have a few beers, pick up your final beers, and chat it up with Robyn. This is not goodbye forever, but farewell for now. Be on the lookout for our new farm-to-beer project in the next few years.

Thank you,

Brandon and Robyn
The Good Beer Company"
Oh damn, that's kind of intriguing. I'm honestly surprised no one's tried to do anything similar - it's the ideal local destination brewery idea.

Oh damn, that's kind of intriguing. I'm honestly surprised no one's tried to do anything similar - it's the ideal local destination brewery idea.
Yep, tons of potential up there. Nickel is cool spot and Julian Brewing is back open but with Julian Cider Works closing it took a hit for spots to check out. I hope they nabbed the JCW property or something similar so the tasting room is actually in a barn with great scenery.

I've had a few beers. All were clean, solid beers. Bill Batten was helping them out.

Speaking of which.... he's finally now brewing at Tap Room Brewing. Can't wait to drink some Batten beer again.
I’m intrigued as to what he will brew for the 2020 audience.

Excitement intensifies. We got our flights approved last night (since we use a 3rd party site) to get us (myself, my buddy Matt, and my better half for her first trip across the pond) back to wonderful Brussels.

Now just need to book the airbnb, which has skyrocketed in price due to us being out there during European labor day.

But once that is done, fully Quintessence bound! Yay!

Excitement intensifies. We got our flights approved last night (since we use a 3rd party site) to get us (myself, my buddy Matt, and my better half for her first trip across the pond) back to wonderful Brussels.

Now just need to book the airbnb, which has skyrocketed in price due to us being out there during European labor day.

But once that is done, fully Quintessence bound! Yay!
I'm making my fourth trip to Brussels in June and each time I'm more excited than the last. I got an AirBnB that is less than a block from Moeder Lambic, making it an easy last stop each night.

Xul

Welp, new trend in beer around town:

New apartment/condo complex gets built, has retail on the first level, and a brewery puts in a tasting room in one of the retail spots.

Burgeon being the latest in Little Italy.
If it means more good beer that's easily accessible without a long drive, I'm all for it. Stoked to have Burgeon down here.

Welp, new trend in beer around town:

New apartment/condo complex gets built, has retail on the first level, and a brewery puts in a tasting room in one of the retail spots.

Burgeon being the latest in Little Italy.
Where was this shit when I lived in an apartment!?!?! All I had around me was a Ralph's, AMC theater, Zpizza, and a Tower Records.

Edit: Oh, and a Daphnes and Petco I think.

Latest posts

Group Builder