Quantcast

US - Pacific The San Diego area thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

What are some Batten Beers that people are liking? I tried a few when they first opened and all were solid, but haven't had a chance to get a growler or crowler.
Crushed a crowler of Together Apart yesterday, Bill's collab with Original 40. BLVD Brown if you're in the mood for an American brown, which is pretty much an extinct style these days. Rainbow Tears if you want something hoppy.

Xul

Mosaic Melody is fucking outrageous. It drinks like a scaled-down version of SMD, very much in the new school of WC hops, with that same restrained malt bill and massive hop character that leaps out of the glass with wave after wave of fruit salad. This is frighteningly crushable.

Mosaic Melody is fucking outrageous. It drinks like a scaled-down version of SMD, very much in the new school of WC hops, with that same restrained malt bill and massive hop character that leaps out of the glass with wave after wave of fruit salad. This is frighteningly crushable.
I very much have a love/hate relationship with mosaic. And it leans heavy on hate side. I have a love/love relationship with NPBC though, so excited to give this a shot and further my discord with said hop.

Xul

I very much have a love/hate relationship with mosaic. And it leans heavy on hate side. I have a love/love relationship with NPBC though, so excited to give this a shot and further my discord with said hop.
That'll be an interesting conundrum. The most recent batch of Party Cup was markedly better than any other batch I've had, and Mosaic Melody is even a step above that. They're absolutely nailing their Mosaic usage in crushable beers.

Also, Stratacadabra is excellent, albeit a slight step below SMD based on my first can. That said, it's a fantastic WC IPA, and being a slight step below the best WC IPA I've had in years still puts it at an extremely high level. Highly recommend getting in on both beers.

I agree that Mosaic Melody is a winner. Great aroma, nice mouthfeel, juicy but with a dry finish.

I also agree that Stratacadabra is quite good, especially for it being less than a day old. I look forward to seeing how it tastes in a couple weeks, if I don't drink all my cans before then.

Well crap! Karl Strauss mosaic is has been my favorite sd beer for a while now. My one complaint is I wanted it sub 5%. Does this mean I need to order some mosaic melody??

Latest posts