Quantcast

US - Pacific The San Diego area thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

The place was kind of an unnecessary eyesore to begin with. I peeked in there in the Before Times, and it was a tiny space that they kept incredibly dim for some reason.

In other news, I just received an email from Alpine yesterday as a part of their Lodge Club membership. I assumed they were going to talk about the recent shit that's gone down, but I guess they're just pretending everything is normal?

The place was kind of an unnecessary eyesore to begin with. I peeked in there in the Before Times, and it was a tiny space that they kept incredibly dim for some reason.

In other news, I just received an email from Alpine yesterday as a part of their Lodge Club membership. I assumed they were going to talk about the recent shit that's gone down, but I guess they're just pretending everything is normal?
Ignorance is bliss?

Triple can drop from NPBC today. I might have to get some WCDIPA.

I know it’s probably obvious to everyone else, but god damn beers are old at Bevmo. Get lucky if I find an IPA less then a month old (and also not room temp aged). Bought some brown ales and one of them was 3 years old. Any more reliable local options in Mira Mesa or am I basically screwed? Who’s got the freshest beer in that neighborhood?

I know it’s probably obvious to everyone else, but god damn beers are old at Bevmo. Get lucky if I find an IPA less then a month old (and also not room temp aged). Bought some brown ales and one of them was 3 years old. Any more reliable local options in Mira Mesa or am I basically screwed? Who’s got the freshest beer in that neighborhood?
I haven't bought beer from BevMo in years. Although you should be fine for high alcohol/barrel aged stuff.

Bine & Vine too far for you now?

San Diego Wine & Beer Co on Miramar Rd is super legit.

So I ended up drawing the line at $40 for 750ml. Although I can't do $20 4-packs either.
The only time I would pay decently more is something Belgian, like Golden Blend.

And I hear you on the $20 4-pks - although through the summer I did break that quite often with North Park Beer Company.