Quantcast

US - Pacific The San Diego area thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

I expected the pack itself to be significantly more, but Cantillon doesn't play that secondary game and it is roughly a tad cheaper than what I would pay to drink the same 6 bottles onsite. Etre will likely do a 20ish euro proxy/pickup and then shipping will prolly be around 40 euro since it will just be under weight enough for a small box.

Although will likely combine shipping another set with a buddy since that would save each of us about 10euro.
I'm surprised shipping is that cheap. It costs more for me to ship a box from here to SD

I'm surprised shipping is that cheap. It costs more for me to ship a box from here to SD
I think he’s wrong about the shipping fwiw, unless he’s talking about splitting the costs.

The Brabantiae 6pk was just above the 10kg limit for Etre’s minimum shipping rate. The 20kg box is 81 euros for shipping (at least to the east coast). I’m guessing it comes closer to $250 for the 6 bottles, before adding other bottles to fill the 20kg box.

Shit, I think you're right. The 3F 6pk falls right under the 10kg limit but Cantillon bottles are a bit thicker/heavier and might tip it right over.

Edit: But I can say the 25kg box is 81euros to the west coast as well.

Shit, I think you're right. The 3F 6pk falls right under the 10kg limit but Cantillon bottles are a bit thicker/heavier and might tip it right over.

Edit: But I can say the 25kg box is 81euros to the west coast as well.
Even if it was under 10kg, I'd probably still fill one of the larger boxes with some inexpensive bottles to bring that shipping cost/bottle down.

And another "shit", it looks like the Brabantiae 6pk proxy fee was 30e, not 20e.

Exactly! Just can't decide how serious i want to take it. Homebrew does a good enough job keeping my free time busy.
I've actually been roasting coffee far more than brewing. But I went with a larger investment in equipment so I figure I better use it. I bought this, but it was $450 at the time and I had some gift cards to use: (Link to media)

Latest posts