Quantcast

US - Pacific The San Diego area thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Yeah, so basically $45/btl to my door. Still not great, but I'm never gonna just casually see those bottles on a shelf here in SD without a huge markup. I'm calling it an xmas present to myself.
They finally arrived at my offsite today. Wasn't too pleased with DHL tracking nor their customer service, but I am giving them a bit of a pass since the box was dropped off to bpost on the 24th and technically in the hands of dhl overseas on the 25th.

I've had two boxes sent via DHL from Etre. One got here in two days, the other in three. No complaints from me.
Oh, I didn't finish my thought before I hit post reply apparently. Yeah, it was handed off on the 25th and only held because "destination has a holiday"...then it got to OH, then apparently here to san diego, but delivery got put on hold, then the following day it triggered again as being processed in OH. I was told that the san diego scans were virtual and that it hadn't left OH yet....you know, despite the tracking saying "Arrived in San Diego". Then of course closed for the NewYears holiday.

Oh, I didn't finish my thought before I hit post reply apparently. Yeah, it was handed off on the 25th and only held because "destination has a holiday"...then it got to OH, then apparently here to san diego, but delivery got put on hold, then the following day it triggered again as being processed in OH. I was told that the san diego scans were virtual and that it hadn't left OH yet....you know, despite the tracking saying "Arrived in San Diego". Then of course closed for the NewYears holiday.
OH as in Ohio? I've had probably two dozen boxes shipped from Belgium to SD and never had one go through Ohio.

And that's weird about the fake scans. I once had UPS tracking say a box had just left Louisville AFTER it arrived in CA, as in a scan showing up late, but not one showing before it happened.

(I save screen shots of all the tracking info so I can obsessively refer to them when new boxes are en route.)

OH as in Ohio? I've had probably two dozen boxes shipped from Belgium to SD and never had one go through Ohio.

And that's weird about the fake scans. I once had UPS tracking say a box had just left Louisville AFTER it arrived in CA, as in a scan showing up late, but not one showing before it happened.

(I save screen shots of all the tracking info so I can obsessively refer to them when new boxes are en route.)
Yeah, Ohio. When doing bpost -> USPS it would either hit NY or LAX customs, but with bpost -> DHL, my boxes go through customs in Cincinnati.

This was some weird-ass tracking that they said was "Virtual Scans" in SD.

1609953842856.png

I didn't see Russian River released original recipe Blind Pig for shipping, but it's sold out. Anyone local have an extra can to sell/trade? Any feedback on it?

Not sure if anyone here drinks beer anymore but Liquid Gravity just put up a presale for a mix 4 pack that includes a McIlhenney Brewing collab. I’ve been anticipating the “New Alpine” launch that I couldn’t help but order a few 4 packs specifically to get a taste of McIlhenney brewing. Looking forward to this.

Hello All! Some of you may recognize/know me from the early days of Talk Beer...I'm making my first post after a 6.5 year hiatus! I used to trade beer very regularly a while ago but stopped as the beer trading scene was getting out of control, and doesn't seem to have gotten any better, haha.

I just received my case/4 bottles of Pliny the Younger today and I have 1 bottle I am saving for trading to another San Diego resident who wasn't able to get a case. Trading seems like a giant pain in the ass these days so I don't have any particular beer(s) I'm looking for. I don't care about price, hype, bottle counts, grey market values, etc...I just want to trade good beer for good beer. So make an offer and let's not make this complicated...from one San Diegan to another. Cheers!

Hello All! Some of you may recognize/know me from the early days of Talk Beer...I'm making my first post after a 6.5 year hiatus! I used to trade beer very regularly a while ago but stopped as the beer trading scene was getting out of control, and doesn't seem to have gotten any better, haha.

I just received my case/4 bottles of Pliny the Younger today and I have 1 bottle I am saving for trading to another San Diego resident who wasn't able to get a case. Trading seems like a giant pain in the ass these days so I don't have any particular beer(s) I'm looking for. I don't care about price, hype, bottle counts, grey market values, etc...I just want to trade good beer for good beer. So make an offer and let's not make this complicated...from one San Diegan to another. Cheers!
Sadly this place is dead now.

Sadly this place is dead now.
Just like WCIPA...deadAF.

But I did see the trade and was trying to figure out what to offer to get a bottle. It's sad, but I just don't want to break my streak of having PtY due to completely failing at internetting the morning of the sale.

Just like WCIPA...deadAF.

But I did see the trade and was trying to figure out what to offer to get a bottle. It's sad, but I just don't want to break my streak of having PtY due to completely failing at internetting the morning of the sale.
Breaking the streak will just allow you to not worry about it in the future. I had to do that with Enjoy By.

Latest posts