US - Pacific The San Diego area thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Hello All! Some of you may recognize/know me from the early days of Talk Beer...I'm making my first post after a 6.5 year hiatus! I used to trade beer very regularly a while ago but stopped as the beer trading scene was getting out of control, and doesn't seem to have gotten any better, haha.

I just received my case/4 bottles of Pliny the Younger today and I have 1 bottle I am saving for trading to another San Diego resident who wasn't able to get a case. Trading seems like a giant pain in the ass these days so I don't have any particular beer(s) I'm looking for. I don't care about price, hype, bottle counts, grey market values, etc...I just want to trade good beer for good beer. So make an offer and let's not make this complicated...from one San Diegan to another. Cheers!
You gotta appreciate a gesture like this. People want crazy value for their PTY bottles. I commend you. If I were in SD instead of LA I’d be making you an offer. Cheers. I hope you make someone’s day.

So apparently BAVSS is for sale to public today via the Onzr app w/ Alesmith.

I guess they only posted it to their tastingroom IG account, which isn't public and is age-gated. Ah well.

So apparently BAVSS is for sale to public today via the Onzr app w/ Alesmith.

I guess they only posted it to their tastingroom IG account, which isn't public and is age-gated. Ah well.
I didn’t read this closely yesterday. I looked at their store through the main site and nada. So they have a new app to sell beer through?? What a pain

Yeah, it seems quite a few breweries are switching to using Onzr. NPBC also used them in December last year for their 2 bottles of Macaroons and the 2020 is over. I was skeptical about it at the beginning, but the phone app has grown on me. Still stupid that yet another app is being used just so I can buy a bottle of liquid enjoyment, but...meh....

Yeah, it seems quite a few breweries are switching to using Onzr. NPBC also used them in December last year for their 2 bottles of Macaroons and the 2020 is over. I was skeptical about it at the beginning, but the phone app has grown on me. Still stupid that yet another app is being used just so I can buy a bottle of liquid enjoyment, but...meh....
NPBC decision to use lottery system embedded in the app got me to download it. Much better than first come first serve or day of releases with long lines and no guarantee of bottles (which I avoid like the plague). I wish more breweries would do the same ... and not allow proxies (which is a completely different topic).

Latest posts