The Strong Island Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmicevan

Reaction score
as one of the suburbs of the greatest city on earth (yeah, i said it)...love it or hate it, Long Island is a major part of New York...and as such gets unique distro from NYC or upstate (ya know, the bronx...hudson valley...and the like).

Let's use this thread to talk about beer releases in the area and other assorted happenings.

I'll get the ball started...

* Heard about a bottle share at Jackson's in commack on 10/21
* Goose Island cheese pairing event at Morrison's in plainview on 10/17
* Southampton will be releasing French Country Xmas ale sometime in Nov
* CdC (yeah, i know it isn't LI, but we are interested) was supposed to be released towards the end of September...so...any day now maybe?
* A keg of (2 yr old) Rumpkin might be getting tapped soon at one of the better beer bars (will post if/when i get more info) - and no, bottles aren't coming that i've heard.

as one of the suburbs of the greatest city on earth (yeah, i said it)...love it or hate it, Long Island is a major part of New York...and as such gets unique distro from NYC or upstate (ya know, the bronx...hudson valley...and the like).

Let's use this thread to talk about beer releases in the area and other assorted happenings.

* CdC (yeah, i know it isn't LI, but we are interested) was supposed to be released towards the end of September...so...any day now maybe?
* A keg of (2 yr old) Rumpkin might be getting tapped soon at one of the better beer bars (will post if/when i get more info) - and no, bottles aren't coming that i've heard.

CdC you say?????????????? This interests me greatly

You may see me there my friend...you just might.

EDIT: Can we use this as the ask Evan thread as well? Any word for Merkin or Vanilla Shake in LI?

i haven't heard good news on these, but no one seems to know for sure.

and i hope to see you there.

CdC you say?????????????? This interests me greatly

the word on this is that it is not ready yet. i've heard some rumblings that it might see limited distro like rosso did this year, but that is unconfirmed at this point.

Enjoy By 11/12/13 coming to NY soon! Hopefully they can get it to LI before it expires. Last batch was late.

thanks for the info.

in other news, otter creek double dose (lawsons collab) hit a few spots...get it while you can....stuff is amazing, pricey but worth it.

some new victory stuff also hit town, dont know the deets and a new allagash sour should be coming soon.

lets set up a LI BTers tasting soon too!

thanks for the info.

in other news, otter creek double dose (lawsons collab) hit a few spots...get it while you can....stuff is amazing, pricey but worth it.

some new victory stuff also hit town, dont know the deets and a new allagash sour should be coming soon.

lets set up a LI BTers tasting soon too!
Just picked up the victory a Baltic porter aged in wine barrels.......interesting

Lol oops someone in distro told me we may be seeing some in the future

where is the "love" button

...oh wait, here it is
apu-simpsons-love-va-source_ibv.gif

CdC pandemonium? :eek:)

ISO! CdC b5 was my first beer release; pretty sure I still have frozen internal organs from that night.
That's because you did not dress up properly. Any East coaster would have anticipated the cold. Seriously though, when is CdC out? Anyone but TroyG please.

That's because you did not dress up properly.
I was actually wearing my heavy winter coat w/layers, wool socks w/boots, gloves, and a hat. But I have awful circulation, and standing around drinking beer at 1am doesn't exactly generate warmth. Some kind soul left their propane heater overnight, which is likely the only reason I didn't die that night. Good times!

CdC being re-released? I thought Scott retired it?

Is this real life? Source?

last time i was at the brewery in early september, the guys pouring told me that it isn't ready yet and should be ready before the end of september. i've recently head that it is still not ready (they just put the apple brandy smoke from the oak up for sale today/yesterday). i've heard rumors it might hit distro...although on LI, Rosso supposedly hit distro, but was nowhere to be found really. time will tell.

last time i was at the brewery in early september, the guys pouring told me that it isn't ready yet and should be ready before the end of september. i've recently head that it is still not ready (they just put the apple brandy smoke from the oak up for sale today/yesterday). i've heard rumors it might hit distro...although on LI, Rosso supposedly hit distro, but was nowhere to be found really. time will tell.
Beer city has couple of cases of rosso

Yea missing the good life I'm out of town .I'll see what Joe's schedule is like. What days/times are good?

if we out east, probably right after work since i work out there, but typically any time after 830. if we doing right after normal work hours, i just need to pre-arrange with the mrs.

if we out east, probably right after work since i work out there, but typically any time after 830. if we doing right after normal work hours, i just need to pre-arrange with the mrs.
Although I'm slightly off LI, in Forest Hills, Queens, it'd be really easy for me to join in if you decide to get together during the weekdays. Just sayin'... :rolleyes: Good Life next week? A possibility.

Im not holding my breath but southampton needs to throw a RIS release party. I miss the gathering of familiar faces and that long ass boring drive while everyone else is passed out in my vehicle.

How have the releases gone in the past? Just show up at the brewery on the right day?
Never even knew they brewed a RIS and BRL untill recently.

Back