US - Southwest The Texas BBQ Thread (no Pork allowed)

Help Support Talkbeer:

i know it's a chain, but I still think Rudy's cream corn is my favorite BBQ side.

So. Bad. For. Me.

You can feel as it clogs your heart while eating.

Also anywhere that has a corn bread or sweet potato casserole.

Texas Monthly BBQ Fest this year was great. The price went higher again which sucked but they are making changes each year that at least makes it feel less crowded. Tried all 30 places, which was an amazing mistake. My stomach still hurts.

air

Texas Monthly BBQ Fest this year was great. The price went higher again which sucked but they are making changes each year that at least makes it feel less crowded. Tried all 30 places, which was an amazing mistake. My stomach still hurts.
How long did you have to wait to try Snows/Franklin?

How long did you have to wait to try Snows/Franklin?
We did VIP again, waited 35 mins before the fest started, then 15 mins for franklins but while I waited my wife went and got food from the other places next to Franklins. No line for Snows. Around 2:15 the line for snows and franklins must have been 30 minutes plus for each.

jivex5k

VEdKb0lHVnlaMjVsY1hKeElIQm9ZV2M=
Anyone have a good BBQ sauce recipe? Got a pork butt slow cooking, figured I'd give making my own sauce a shot.

Reviving this thread because want me some proper brisket when I visit in a few weeks.
Obviously Franklins gets a lot of pub and I'm sure littered with tourists. If I show up just before opening on a Thursday my wait will be what, 2-3hrs? I could swing by after but I'm ok with waiting a bit too.

Whats the current ranking of Austin BBQ?

Reviving this thread because want me some proper brisket when I visit in a few weeks.
Obviously Franklins gets a lot of pub and I'm sure littered with tourists. If I show up just before opening on a Thursday my wait will be what, 2-3hrs? I could swing by after but I'm ok with waiting a bit too.

Valentina’s <3 <3 <3

This is like asking people their favorite sports team... you're gonna get a different answer every time.
I haven't been in a while but there's a big ass line every day at 7am most days (they open at 11am). Make sure they're open when you're here... they go on "summer vacation" for a week once a year.

FWIW I don't stand in lines often. Stile Switch is still my go-to place in Austin.

Will second lutter on the stile & switch.

Get the beef rib(s).

When I went to Franklin's we ordered to go way ahead of time (weeks). We had to order a substantial amount, but it was a bunch of guys so no big deal. You get a pick up time and there is a separate point of sale in the back. We arrived and picked up our food in ten minutes. Best brisket I have ever had by a long shot. We ate it at a nearby beer bar. Might be an option for you.

When I went to Franklin's we ordered to go way ahead of time (weeks). We had to order a substantial amount, but it was a bunch of guys so no big deal. You get a pick up time and there is a separate point of sale in the back. We arrived and picked up our food in ten minutes. Best brisket I have ever had by a long shot. We ate it at a nearby beer bar. Might be an option for you.
I stood in line over the summer. Wayyy better than a Disneyland line because I got drown my time in live oak. Also, I will only ever brisket when I go back. It was wonderful and that's all I want to eat as there is only so much room in my body. I wanted to order ahead but I'm a terrible planner and it was a good amount you needed to order ahead of time. This seems like a great option for a group of people.
I showed up an hour before opening and was safe but it seemed like I was.... Lucky...