The TEXAS thread!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopAG

Reaction score
Come Brothers! I seek company now that our old stomping grounds were purged!

Paging Dr. BusinessSloth your attention is needed in this thread.

Let's see how many southwestern dudes I can remember by memory! (I apologize if I forget you!)

nablock Lutter LawIsTheUT kmello69 xpimptastikx DanzBorin mattchow mdeluna nathanmiller dicers Texas_Speed miikezombie berkshires rainer mhenson42

I'm sure I'm missing others, but I'm sure you guys can bring them into the fold.

Just to get started:

That damn Funk and Sour Bottle share man! Holy MOLY!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...SW9uWlFqZkk3cjd0NG1RRWdFNWc&usp=sharing#gid=0

You guys are pretty much guaranteeing that I call in sick to work the next day. I just want some of that Brandy Huna! I just hope that I remember how glorious those new fruit sours taste!

TEXAS-TX-COME-AND-TAKE-IT.jpg

Come Brothers! I seek company now that our old stomping grounds were purged!

Paging Dr. BusinessSloth your attention is needed in this thread.

Let's see how many southwestern dudes I can remember by memory! (I apologize if I forget you!)

nablock Lutter LawIsTheUT kmello69 xpimptastikx DanzBorin mattchow mdeluna nathanmiller dicers Texas_Speed miikezombie berkshires rainer mhenson42

I'm sure I'm missing others, but I'm sure you guys can bring them into the fold.

Just to get started:

That damn Funk and Sour Bottle share man! Holy MOLY!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...SW9uWlFqZkk3cjd0NG1RRWdFNWc&usp=sharing#gid=0

You guys are pretty much guaranteeing that I call in sick to work the next day. I just want some of that Brandy Huna! I just hope that I remember how glorious those new fruit sours taste!

TEXAS-TX-COME-AND-TAKE-IT.jpg
Hah awesome man. I really enjoyed the show over at BA this afternoon could've used some popcorn though. Probably not going to make the bottle share but we do have bottle tickets so I'll see you guys there. What time is the share starting - just in case.

Fools! Your palates will be completely blown before the sour fest even starts. Just give me your bottles now

But how can you miss out on all the goodies that are listed?! No MAN could surely pass such a GIFT!

Hah awesome man. I really enjoyed the show over at BA this afternoon could've used some popcorn though. Probably not going to make the bottle share but we do have bottle tickets so I'll see you guys there. What time is the share starting - just in case.

The share should start at 11AM, and the treats there are going to be awesome!

I just pray the sun is on its best behavior... I remember times during those bottle shares where I would be completely dehydrated.

But how can you miss out on all the goodies that are listed?! No MAN could surely pass such a GIFT!

The share should start at 11AM, and the treats there are going to be awesome!

I just pray the sun is on its best behavior... I remember times during those bottle shares where I would be completely dehydrated.
Of the last shares I've been to there (this summer), I've not once noticed the heat. Staying under the trees works. And drinking water. And passing on three varieties of Bois.

Not sweating this share as the JK beer list is top notch!

Of the last shares I've been to there (this summer), I've not once noticed the heat. Staying under the trees works. And drinking water. And passing on three varieties of Bois.

Not sweating this share as the JK beer list is top notch!

Have you been inside a porta potty during one of those hot days! Like an oven!

a proud Tyler-rite stuck in Minnesnowta, I wubs me some Whataburgers!!!!

You know they sell the ketchup at HEB now

The more the merrier man!

Kmello do you wax everything you buy man? I swear you must be spending an assload of money on wax on a weekly basis!

Unless I'm drinking it real soon, yes. Wax is cheap, bro. $13 for a pound of wax beads at Austin Homebrew, and I can double dip 100+ bottles from that. I think I've only bought 3 bags in the last year.

Only recently realized I should keep the wax when I open bottles, to re-melt and use again. Recycling!

Ken

https://vine.co/v/bYKiM6pXT5W

Unless I'm drinking it real soon, yes. Wax is cheap, bro. $13 for a pound of wax beads at Austin Homebrew, and I can double dip 100+ bottles from that. I think I've only bought 3 bags in the last year.

Only recently realized I should keep the wax when I open bottles, to re-melt and use again. Recycling!

Ken

guinness-brilliant-o.gif

Ken

How many times do you normally dip a bottle in there? I find myself dipping like at least 6 times to ensure I can't see the cap anymore.

Wax Paranoia...

How many times do you normally dip a bottle in there? I find myself dipping like at least 6 times to ensure I can't see the cap anymore.

Wax Paranoia...

1 dip, roll it to smooth out the wax, then let it sit a few minutes. Repeat a second time. Thats it. Wax is pretty thin and see through when its hot, so you have to let it cool some to see how its really gonna look.

Last edited:
1 dip, roll it to smooth out the wax, then let it sit a few minutes. Repeat a second time. Thats it. Wax is pretty this and see through when its hot, so you have to let it cool some to see how its really gonna look.

I'm going to have to do this next time I wax some bottles (FBS I'm looking at you).

How long are you planning on cellaring most of your stuff?

I'm going to have to do this next time I wax some bottles (FBS I'm looking at you).

How long are you planning on cellaring most of your stuff?

Like I said, I wax pretty much everything, unless I'm drinking it in the next few weeks. So some waxed stuff isnt getting "cellared" at all - FBS will be in my belly before it has much of a chance to age, but I still waxed them (partly to make sure there are no cap issues/oxidization). Other stuff will sit for years - working on verticals of Bigfoot and other beers. But most of my stuff is meant to be consumed, and sooner rather than later.

Back