The Tired Hands Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's times like these when I love having a regular trade partner who lives five minutes from the brewery.

it's only about an hour and a half for me... so a regular trading partner there makes little sense... may have to work out a "go and pick it up for me bro".... already had a Saturday trip planned

would have done the trip if I knew earlier...

is this the first surprise shelf appearance?

it's only about an hour and a half for me... so a regular trading partner there makes little sense... may have to work out a "go and pick it up for me bro".... already had a Saturday trip planned

would have done the trip if I knew earlier...

is this the first surprise shelf appearance?
Shambolic batch 1 was released the same way.

Tired Hands is the top brewery I want to try that I haven't yet! (Or maybe Lawson's?) I still don't know a whole lot about them. Is all of their beer brewery-only? And mostly growlers?

Made the trip last night and got bottles before they sold out. Red Fuzz was delicious!
Tired Hands is the top brewery I want to try that I haven't yet! (Or maybe Lawson's?) I still don't know a whole lot about them. Is all of their beer brewery-only? And mostly growlers?
They release a bottle what seems like every other month or so. It it brewery only with a limit of 1 growler per beer per day. They are currently expanding and the plan is to can. So look for that in the coming months.

Heard rumors about February or so based on predictions but that probably means next Summer based on delays every brewery ever has had expanding and building places.

I really can't figure out a way logistics-wise to make it down there on Sunday with plans we already have in place.

If anyone would be up for trading one, 1-1 for a Plan Bee Comb, please let me know.

I'm strongly considering making this my first TH bottle release trip, given that I missed the anniversary party

Anyone know how early one should be for the release Sunday? We are traveling from NYC. Also looking to trade for a bottle of the first release.

A lot easier logistically for me. I'm 20 mins away. Next release you make let's have a brew together.

and i am a scant 15 mins away. i'll be there.

shutyourface: if you plan on 10-10:30 you should be fine. although if you like standing/sitting for longer, come earlier! pro tip: the line always looks longer than it actually is, FYI.

Anyone know how early one should be for the release Sunday? We are traveling from NYC. Also looking to trade for a bottle of the first release.

The last couple there was bottles left at the end and people were able to go through the line more than once. Since you're traveling from a distance I'd still recommend getting there early but it's probably not necessary to freak out and get there 3 hours beforehand.

I was about 80th in line. Grabbed bottles, glass and growlers (psychic and orange fuzz) and jetted. Did folks get shut out today? Looked like it was going to be close.

I'm pretty sure anyone that got there before noon got bottles (if not it couldn't have been more than a handful of people). When they sold out it was almost exactly at the point in line where you were starting to see people in line for 2nds.

I heard people were shut out and it wouldnt suprise me. Biggest crowd I have seen at TH thus far. Got there super early, was in and out by 12:15. Made it home 1 minute after kickoff. #success

I heard people were shut out and it wouldnt suprise me. Biggest crowd I have seen at TH thus far. Got there super early, was in and out by 12:15. Made it home 1 minute after kickoff. #success
I saw you getting into your buddies truck as you guys were leaving. I didn't get a chance to say hey though. The crowd was crazy man. I got there at 930, which in the past put me in the top half, maybe even top third. This time was around the corner basically in the lot of the post office. Crazy. I really expected to be in and out quick but didn't get bottles in hand until around 130.

Last edited:
I saw you getting into your buddies truck as you guys were leaving. I didn't get a chance to say hey though. The crowd was crazy man. I got there at 930, which in the past out in the top half, maybe even top third. This time was around the corner basically in the lot of the post office. Crazy. I really expected to be in and out quick but didn't get bottles in hand until around 130.
Yup, we had that arrive-at-7am-primo-parking. Sucks that we missed each other though!
I was about 80th in line. Grabbed bottles, glass and growlers (psychic and orange fuzz) and jetted. Did folks get shut out today? Looked like it was going to be close.
I dont know what you look like but I was traversing the line all morning. You probably saw me. Maybe next time we can chat it up IRL.

Yup, we had that arrive-at-7am-primo-parking. Sucks that we missed each other though!

I dont know what you look like but I was traversing the line all morning. You probably saw me. Maybe next time we can chat it up IRL.

Definitely. I was a bit hung over this morning. Conversation was hard. I sat around reading American Sour Beers by Tonsmiere. Was posted up right in front of the post office entrance

good **** today fellas. kinda disappointed they sold out before I could grab my 2nds but whatever jean hooked me the **** up earlier.

The Emptiness is Not Eternal release is this Sunday. 300 bottles.
Sorrel, Dandelion, and Honey. Again, see ya there!

Back