The Vodka Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

And being a pretentious twazz hole on a beer message board while thumping your chest about knowing what a volatile thiole is, is for socially awkward basic bitches with small dicks and nothing going else on in their lives.

Now that we have generalized each other, we should meet up for some cosmos one day.
Thiol*

Also, Georgi.

I was in Saint Augustine this weekend and we found ourselves at a nice cocktail bar with a bartender who was competing in a Whistle Pig competition the following day. He made me some extremely well made and delicious bourbon drinks. That being said, the g/f is more of a vodka drinker (fuck her right, hornydevil ?). So he smoked some rosemary into a champagne flute, vodka, champagne, and a few other things I didn't pay attention to. Wiped the rim with orange zest and damn. My shitty little palate found layers of complexity and it was absolutely delish. Vodka is basically a blank canvas and can be turned into basically anything.

Also Tito's.

I was in Saint Augustine this weekend and we found ourselves at a nice cocktail bar with a bartender who was competing in a Whistle Pig competition the following day. He made me some extremely well made and delicious bourbon drinks. That being said, the g/f is more of a vodka drinker (fuck her right, hornydevil ?). So he smoked some rosemary into a champagne flute, vodka, champagne, and a few other things I didn't pay attention to. Wiped the rim with orange zest and damn. My shitty little palate found layers of complexity and it was absolutely delish. Vodka is basically a blank canvas and can be turned into basically anything.
If your gf likes vodka, then let her have at it. No "problem" with people who drink it. Simply said that it's a bit simplistic, just as you did with the "blank canvas" comment.

That cocktail, very probably, would have been better with gin.

Just saying.

If your gf likes vodka, then let her have at it. No "problem" with people who drink it. Simply said that it's a bit simplistic, just as you did with the "blank canvas" comment.

That cocktail, very probably, would have been better with gin.

Just saying.
She hates gin. I'd have preferred Hendrick's.

Tito's is bullshit. It's GNS from Midwest Grain Products. They buy it at 95% and then run it through their potstills so they can say it's batch distilled locally. When distilling 95% ethanol...you're not adding anything. It's then proofed down to 40% ABV and marketed as a premium TX product.

They have no tours because they have no grain, mash cookers or fermenters. Guy made a killing on watering down someone else's product. A lot of this happening with bourbon as well.

Tito's is bullshit. It's GNS from Midwest Grain Products. They buy it at 95% and then run it through their potstills so they can say it's batch distilled locally. When distilling 95% ethanol...you're not adding anything. It's then proofed down to 40% ABV and marketed as a premium TX product.

They have no tours because they have no grain, mash cookers or fermenters. Guy made a killing on watering down someone else's product. A lot of this happening with bourbon as well.
Dude, it's just vodka. I don't think anyone is drinking it straight.

Haha... I thought the Tito's thing was pretty well known? He WAS the first to popularize corn neutral grain vodka in the US. My mom asked if we could go there and I joked that you'd find 1 old man, pallets of distilled water, and about 500 Brita filters.

GNS isn't very filtered at all so the biggest thing would be running it through charcoal a bunch of times.

If you want to see how Tito's would work if they actually distilled their own product, see: Deep Eddy Vodka. They've got real ass column distillers, corn, and fermenters in their distillery. Heaven Hill made a pretty smart decision when they bought them up a year or two ago.

Last edited:
Titos is like $20 a handle at Costco. I don’t think I’d want to go any cheaper.

Honestly, it could be made from ground up hobos for that price and I’d still drink it.
That's a great price. Austin area pricing is normally at retail $18/$23/$28 (750/1L/1.75L). Maybe a little less if it's on sale.

It's more in line with premiums for sure.

Titos is one of the better mixers available and are super charitable. They donated a bunch of money to the lukemia foundation when they sponsored a local radio event in Boston and the google says they donate 100% of online sales to charity. So good vodka + charitable business plan = winner for me.

Although if I am drinking vodka rocks my preference is always Ketel.

10 years ago it was Rubinoff raspberry so take my opinion with a grain of salt but $7 handles of that sweet razz went down smoooooth when frozen.

Titos is one of the better mixers available and are super charitable. They donated a bunch of money to the lukemia foundation when they sponsored a local radio event in Boston and the google says they donate 100% of online sales to charity. So good vodka + charitable business plan = winner for me.

Although if I am drinking vodka rocks my preference is always Ketel.

10 years ago it was Rubinoff raspberry so take my opinion with a grain of salt but $7 handles of that sweet razz went down smoooooth when frozen.
Ugh, Rubinoff and Dubra....those were dark days!

For some reason Key Lime La Croix and Vodka tastes like ass.

Which is weird because regular Lime La Croix and Vodka is my go to vodka drink.

Just got a weird slick mouthfeel and sweetness. Not recommended. Blah blah.

Latest posts