US - Great Lakes The WI Thread: FIBs stay the fuck out

Help Support Talkbeer:

https://www.wbay.com/content/news/M...-recall-bottle-glass-can-break-503841721.html

MADISON, Wis. (WBAY) - A Madison-based beer company has issued a recall due to the risk of injury from broken glass.

Karben4 says it was notified by its bottle manufacturer that some bottles may have a flaw that can result in loss of carbonation or potential for glass to break.

The recall impacts these beers:

Fantasy Factory bottled on 11/08/18, 11/15/18, 11/20/18, 11/27/18, 12/04/18, 12/18/18, 12/27/18 and 12/31/18

Raspberry Fantasy Factory bottled on 11/13/18 and 11/27/18

Lady Luck bottled on 12/06/18 and 12/27/18

Dragon Flute bottled on 11/08/18 and 12/18/18

Block Party bottled on 12/13/18

Belly Bongos bottled on 12/13/18 and 12/20/18

Champagne Tortoise bottled on 12/13/18 and 12/31/18

Diet Starts Tomorrow bottled on 11/15/18 and 12/20/18

Karben4 says consumers should not open the recalled beers. For information on a beer voucher, email [email protected] or visit the Karben4 Facebook page and leave a direct message.

Karben4 says it has obtained new bottles from a different production plan and it will start using them on Jan. 3.

https://www.karben4.com/voluntary-r...M_xKJgcuWdRzawwdedQqjMVstaNu27i2Y5gAk4889VZv4

Madison, WI (January 2, 2019) – Karben4 announced today that it was voluntarily recalling certain of its beer bottles after being notified by its bottle manufacturer of a potential flaw in certain bottles. The recall involves all bottles that were filled between November 8 and December 31, 2018. Further detail is provided below.

Karben4 was notified by its bottle manufacturer that the manufacturer detected a flaw in bottles that ranged sporadically throughout the bottle manufacturer’s October 2018 production. The flaw can result in a loss of carbonation and the potential for a small piece of glass to break and fall into the bottle, causing a risk for injury. Since the scope of the bottle manufacturer’s flaw cannot be more accurately determined, Karben4 has decided to recall and destroy all of the beer bottles from the bottle manufacturer’s batch in question. Karben4 has also immediately sourced new glass bottles from a different glass production plant and will begin using those bottles on Thursday, January 3, 2019 to ensure the continued safety of its loyal customers.

While Karben4 has been advised by the bottle manufacturer that the design flaw affected a small quantity of the bottles produced in October, Karben4 believes it is critically important to take every precaution necessary to ensure the safety of its customers and the quality of its product. Karben4 is actively working with its beer distribution partners to eliminate these bottles from warehouse inventory and remove them from store shelves.

Some of the affected bottles (produced between November 8-December 31) may have already been purchased by consumers. Karben4 requests consumers not open these bottles and instead return them to the Karben4 taproom. Any consumer that returns unopened affected bottles to the taproom (3698 Kinsman Blvd., Madison, WI) will receive their choice of a $10 refund, a free growler with fill or a t-shirt per 6pk or 12pk that they purchased. If you are unable to get to the taproom please email [email protected] or direct message our facebook page with a picture of the bottle and Karben4 will work with you directly to mail merchandise or a beer voucher to thank you for your effort and care.

Consumers can determine whether they have unopened bottles affected by this voluntary recall by looking at the “Bottled On” date on the neck of the bottle. If the date is between (and including) November 8, 2018 and December 31, 2018 then you have a bottle that is the subject of this recall. If you cannot locate or read this “Bottled On” date you can reach out to Karben4 directly for assistance. Please email [email protected] or direct message our facebook page and Karben4 will assist you.

Below is a comprehensive list of the bottled product affected:

1. Fantasy Factory bottled on 11/08/18, 11/15/18, 11/20/18, 11/27/18, 12/04/18, 12/18/18, 12/27/18 and 12/31/18
  2. Raspberry Fantasy Factory bottled on 11/13/18 and 11/27/18
  3. Lady Luck bottled on 12/06/18 and 12/27/18
  4. Dragon Flute bottled on 11/08/18 and 12/18/18
  5. Block Party bottled on 12/13/18
  6. Belly Bongos bottled on 12/13/18 and 12/20/18
  7. Champagne Tortoise bottled on 12/13/18 and 12/31/18
  8. Diet Starts Tomorrow bottled on 11/15/18 and 12/20/18

** All beer K4 date-coded before 11/08/18 or after 12/31/18 is NOT impacted**

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Reference Image To Assist Bottle Identification

Image 1 – Note the “Bottled On” date on the neck of the bottle. The date immediately below the words “Bottled On” is the date in question. The numbers in the third line represent internal batch code information for Karben4.

whoa, who is the money behind Good City that they were able to hook in with the Bucks and open that huge new facility across from the Fiserv Forum??

I'm assuming they raised the capital themselves and/or borrowed the money. In addition to good beer, they seem to be pretty savvy business people.
they've only been in GB since.... late summer last year? had only seen Good City beer once before on shelves in Milwaukee. i had no idea they were as big as they apparently are.

slick can packaging, i thought but not "we have tens of millions of dollars to open a huge new restaurant/brewing facility in conjunction with the Bucks" money.

pretty impressive

The WI taxpayers are subsidizing Fiserv and the new arena. Would the city/state be better off without either Fiserv or the Bucks in Milwaukee? I'd wager probably not.
I would take your wager.

There were a couple fascinating articles I recall reading focused on Miller Park the last time they needed a capital infusion, and when the Fiserv Forum when that was being debated. From what I recall, the articles basically stated that the financial impacts to the community of having a professional sports team are often vastly overstated, and those tax dollars could be spent in alternative ways to create a greater overall net impact.

Feel free to read some of the below references. Frankly it seems like there is little evidence to support that financing these projects makes any sense, but then again neither does the overall idea of trickle down economics and that is still bandied about as a sound theory after all these years.

Links:
https://www.brookings.edu/articles/sports-jobs-taxes-are-new-stadiums-worth-the-cost/
https://research.stlouisfed.org/pub...the-economics-of-subsidizing-sports-stadiums/
https://medium.com/concentrated-benefits/the-hidden-costs-of-stadium-subsidies-fbc079f335f3

I would take your wager.

There were a couple fascinating articles I recall reading focused on Miller Park the last time they needed a capital infusion, and when the Fiserv Forum when that was being debated. From what I recall, the articles basically stated that the financial impacts to the community of having a professional sports team are often vastly overstated, and those tax dollars could be spent in alternative ways to create a greater overall net impact.

Feel free to read some of the below references. Frankly it seems like there is little evidence to support that financing these projects makes any sense, but then again neither does the overall idea of trickle down economics and that is still bandied about as a sound theory after all these years.

Links:
https://www.brookings.edu/articles/sports-jobs-taxes-are-new-stadiums-worth-the-cost/
https://research.stlouisfed.org/pub...the-economics-of-subsidizing-sports-stadiums/
https://medium.com/concentrated-benefits/the-hidden-costs-of-stadium-subsidies-fbc079f335f3
Yeah, I've seen the articles and studies. I just don't think the value of local professional sports can be fully valued in hard dollars and cents. From the Brookings study:

A professional sports team, therefore, creates a “public good” or “externality”—a benefit enjoyed by consumers who follow sports regardless of whether they help pay for it. The magnitude of this benefit is unknown, and is not shared by everyone; nevertheless, it exists.
I personally wouldn't want to live somewhere with no professional sports.

No one posted this, bit apparently Eaglepark is having a beer festival.

120 for VIP. Twice of GTMW. But you take home beer. Both logistically and price wise this seems odd.

And VIP sold out in seconds apparently.

Last February, we reported that Palm Tavern was for sale. One year later, the venerable Bay View beer bar has been sold. According to staff members and an Instagram post from current owner Bruno Johnson, the property at 2989 S. Kinnickinnic Ave. (which has been home to Palm Tavern since 2003) has been purchased. The bar’s final day in business—at least under its current ownership—will be Sunday, February 17. Johnson says Palm “will close for some retooling and a touch of management change on Monday the 18th [of February].”

Palm Tavern opened more than 15 years ago, long before Bay View was a bastion of bars and restaurants with excellent beer selections and hundreds of liquor options on hand. In the years that followed, the small neighborhood bar established itself as one of Milwaukee’s first and finest craft beer bars and pushed its incomparable arsenal of whiskey and bourbon varieties past the 450 mark. Draft Magazine once called Palm Tavern “one of America’s best beer bars.”

Check back for more updates on the status of the bar under its new ownership. Though Johnson’s post hints at an eventual “reopening,” you only have a few more days to say goodbye to Palm Tavern as you know it.

Wow. No shit? My wedding reception was at the Dorf Haus. My SIL bartended there until a year or so ago.
Yeah, the owner retired last year after almost 30 years due to health issues.
I guess some young guys bought it and remodeled the place. It reopened recently as “Roxbury Bar & Grill”. From this article, it looks like they turned it into another soulless sports bar. Kind of adds insult to injury...