The Wine Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Local Whole Foods has a few bottles of ‘14 Anthony Thevenet Morgon V.V. sitting among the Duboeuf and Jadot. Can’t wait for it to go on sale so I can not feel bad about spending $39.99/btl on non-Metras/Foillard Beaujolais.

I did happily buy a half bottle of Valdespino Manzanilla which was an unexpected find. The wine buyer apparently has good taste.

I thoroughly enjoyed it as a relaxing easy watch. Not sure how much I really learned but something about it (maybe it was their chemistry?) was super comforting.
Liked the format & cast of the first season a lot more. The Matthews were pretty awesome together. Goode and Purefoy weren't "bad" in season 2, they just didn't have what Goode and Rhys had, and Jancis, though great in print, is a bit too arrogant for the camera. Season 2 was saved by Joe and Amelia, as they were fantastic, as always. Was disappointed that they cut the episode count down, but I'll take it if I have to. Looking forward to Season 3.

Went to the liquor store the other day and was looking through the Italian section for Lambrusco and didn't see anything. Asked a clerk. He guided me to a wall on the other side of the store where all I could really see were Carlo Rossi and Riunite bottles and the like. I was confused and just kind of stopped. He promised me Lambrusco was there. He told me the shelf and everything and I still wasn't seeing it. And then it clicked. I had to ask if they had good Lambrusco. His comment "well that's a totally different question. We don't"

Went to the liquor store the other day and was looking through the Italian section for Lambrusco and didn't see anything. Asked a clerk. He guided me to a wall on the other side of the store where all I could really see were Carlo Rossi and Riunite bottles and the like. I was confused and just kind of stopped. He promised me Lambrusco was there. He told me the shelf and everything and I still wasn't seeing it. And then it clicked. I had to ask if they had good Lambrusco. His comment "well that's a totally different question. We don't"
To be fair, most people looking for lambrusco are looking for disgusting swill.

How was it? Keep hearing good things about 16 CDP.
Good, it's tight as fuck though. Even 8 hours decanting was not enough. I put it in a parron and did spanish cider pours into glasses trying to get it to open up.

I went back to the wine store this weekend and they had one that was open for 3 days and it was WAY better. Fresh opened it had this kind of off putting minerality to it. Like a chalky slate, but it seemed to have blown off in the longer decant. Once it opened up that cherry, raspberry, dried rose really came out.

Finally got my email from Scarecrow informing me that I'll be allowed an allotment of the Cab Sauv next month. Not sure I'll be able to bring myself to drop the dough... I usually tap out at $35/40 a bottle for special occasions. I buy something over $50 maybe once a year but never spend more than 100...

Finally got my email from Scarecrow informing me that I'll be allowed an allotment of the Cab Sauv next month. Not sure I'll be able to bring myself to drop the dough... I usually tap out at $35/40 a bottle for special occasions. I buy something over $50 maybe once a year but never spend more than 100...
Seems like a lot of people got emails from scarecrow this time around

Latest posts