The Wine Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

“Natural” wine and “conventional” wine can happily coexist IMO (see Ganevat, Allemand, etc) - did you find anything to your liking out of curiosity?
no i googled it only. i admit i have not had much natural wine but every one i have had i have disliked.

no i googled it only. i admit i have not had much natural wine but every one i have had i have disliked.
Stay away from these new importers. Rosenthal and Kermit Lynch carry stuff that's pretty fucking natty and good. Some of these new producers don't even follow best fermentation practices to be even more "natural." Pouring fermented wine out of a bucket, 4 feet above a funnel, into a 14 gallon demijohn is not gonna make good wine fam. Plus hazy boy levels of trub.... Bleh.

Stay away from these new importers. Rosenthal and Kermit Lynch carry stuff that's pretty fucking natty and good. Some of these new producers don't even follow best fermentation practices to be even more "natural." Pouring fermented wine out of a bucket, 4 feet above a funnel, into a 14 gallon demijohn is not gonna make good wine fam. Plus hazy boy levels of trub.... Bleh.
Agreed but I think some Selection Massale stuff is pretty excellent too.

Stumbled into these guys tasting room this weekend and loved the majority of what I had! Relatively new to natural wine in general but this embodies everything I’ve enjoyed about it so far. Zippy and carbonic while maintaining interesting aromatics. I bought a bunch!

.. yes I am aware that my nicest “wine glass” is branded for a brewery.. fight me.

Stumbled into these guys tasting room this weekend and loved the majority of what I had! Relatively new to natural wine in general but this embodies everything I’ve enjoyed about it so far. Zippy and carbonic while maintaining interesting aromatics. I bought a bunch!

.. yes I am aware that my nicest “wine glass” is branded for a brewery.. fight me.
In Los Alamos? If so be sure to check out Bell’s next time you’re there, great restaurant just down the street.

Same people doing the vermouths and amaros? Their wine doesn’t make it out this way but their fortified wines do. Way too sweet and syrupy for my palate

cross-quote from the lambic thread. what makes you say that The Red Viper?
Just all the early feedback from people (critics sure but I pay even more attention to Cellar Tracker notes a lot of the times) who’ve been able to taste a variety. Can’t count the number of tasting notes I’ve read for ‘16 Bordeaux and CdP that say things like “best vintage ever” for a given wine. A lot of the Bordeaux is still futures sales right now but I’ve had quite a few ‘16 Côtes du Rhône and a couple bigger wines (e.g. ‘16 Beaucastel) and my anecdotal experience agrees they’re very good. Of course 2015 was a really good vintage for both regions too, and for Tuscany, and a lot of that is still around, and 2013 is a really good (if not quite “best ever” level) year for Barolo and Brunello...it’s just a good time to be stocking up on wine right now, at least for the regions I like. I have almost no idea about “new world” regions and vintages.

Latest posts