This Is Happening VII - NYC Top Hops Bottle Share - May 17, 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franch

Reaction score
When: Saturday, May 17th, 12:30PM (NOT NOON, gawd.)
Where: Top Hops Beer Shop, 94 Orchard St. (at Delancey).
How to get there: F/M/J/Z to Delancey-Essex St., B/D to Grand St.
What to do: "Just bring 2 or 3 cool bottles of beer that we can't all easily get in NYC and its surrounding areas. That's all there is to it. Oh and to have a good time and don't be a dick." GuisseppeFranco
The venue: Top Hops is a bottle shop and growler store. A BeerMenus of their growler fills and Belgian bottles is located here: http://www.beermenus.com/places/3846-top-hops-beer-shop. Please respect the venue, and buy some bottles or a growler fill. You can bring your own growlers. Also, whoever may be working that day aside from Ted will be working hard setting us up with tons of clean tasting glasses and taking our used ones while also pouring draft beer and running the cash register for bottles for other customers. Please bring cash to tip them yourself or to participate in a tip pool.
Food?: Top Hops does not serve food aside from snacks such as olives, jerky, meat/cheese plates and big sad little big pretzels served hot from the oven!! Please eat beforehand or plan to leave to eat. Space is at a premium, so please do not order food for delivery or bring large/conspicuous food. Additionally, please do not bring your own snacks that are sold in the store (cheese, jerky, pretzels, etc.).
Limit: There will be a limit enforced at 40 due to space concerns by Ted's request. Please do not sign up if you are not certain you are attending, and if you learn that you cannot attend, please delete the row from the spreadsheet and the BA calendar so others may take your place. If you plan to bring friends or others, indicate that on the spreadsheet. If there are 40 signed up, please place your name on the alternates list.
Drunkenness and Bad Behavior: Please know your limits with regard to alcohol consumption and drink plenty of water alongside your beer. In the past, some people have gotten a bit too intoxicated due to overconsumption of high-ABV beer. Please avoid drinking to the point you are vomiting, knocking a ton of glasses on the floor because you can't stand, or getting kicked out of the bar for any other reason.

Sign up!: Here's the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p147mc_BsvR_WMBexGleerl1oDpqZk2v7fFImvEnBUA/edit#gid=0

Any questions, please ask in this thread, or via BM to franch and/or ceight.

Last edited:
Can't wait. Looks like I'll have a perfect way to celebrate running my first half marathon!

Doing the Brooklyn Half?

My running group is actually throwing a big party afterwards and I'm torn on which I want to do right now

Doing the Brooklyn Half?

My running group is actually throwing a big party afterwards and I'm torn on which I want to do right now

Yea, kind of excited, kind of can't wait for it to be over. i think I'm getting brunch at Harlem tavern post race then will head down to Top Hops afterwards.

Yea, kind of excited, kind of can't wait for it to be over. i think I'm getting brunch at Harlem tavern post race then will head down to Top Hops afterwards.
Doing the Brooklyn Half?

Also running the Half. Not sure if I'll want to head into manhattan afterwards, but the pull of TIHVII is strong.

I'll actually be cheering at the Half with people from my running group. Completely spaced when signups were opened earlier in the year. Oh well

My work computer has serious issues loading google docs. Can someone put me on the list for two people?

Sorry dude. If someone wants to put me on for one as well that'd be awesome

Can someone put me in for one person please? Can't edit the sheet on my phone. Thx.

BK Half for me as well. Looks like I'll have to get my diabetes elsewhere that day.

Ugh, can't make it that day sadly. Going to another share! Damn, next time!

Lots of runners here. You guys interested in doing a quick post race beach share? I wonder if they'll have issues with me throwing a cold pack and some beers in my bag?

I`m not sure if I will make it, but it will be a hell of a time regardless.
(no getting inked or distance running...might be heading down early to a college graduation)

Back