'Tis the Season for Eggnog!

Help Support Talkbeer:

Going to make my Christmas batch next week but this year going to wait on adding the dairy until closer to the day of. Curious what difference it will make.

I just finished my first batch of AB eggnog. I used Elijah Craig Small Batch, Meyers Rum and some inexpensive brandy I had laying around. It is extremely tasty right now. I can’t imagine what this will be like at Christmas. Anyone ever try adding in a couple ounces of fireball whiskey to add an extra zing?

I just finished my first batch of AB eggnog. I used Elijah Craig Small Batch, Meyers Rum and some inexpensive brandy I had laying around. It is extremely tasty right now. I can’t imagine what this will be like at Christmas. Anyone ever try adding in a couple ounces of fireball whiskey to add an extra zing?
I may have to try something like this next year. If any one does it, please let us know how it turned out.

Well, I said late last winter, I was going to make a massive batch of Tom and Jerry (related to Egg Nog in that it is an egg with brandy or rum beverage popular around the holidays) batter this year. 72 servings of parcel and serve when desired batter. I think I may be starting to prefer it to nog since it is served hot. Anyway, wanted to pop in with the recipe and the first cup.
The recipe for bulk Tom and Jerry’s:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/180917/tom-and-jerry-batter/

Half the batter. The other half is freezing into single serve cubes.
Muggah:

Well, I said late last winter, I was going to make a massive batch of Tom and Jerry (related to Egg Nog in that it is an egg with brandy or rum beverage popular around the holidays) batter this year. 72 servings of parcel and serve when desired batter. I think I may be starting to prefer it to nog since it is served hot. Anyway, wanted to pop in with the recipe and the first cup.

Muggah:
I grilled last night outside and that would have been the perfect companion.

Muggah:
That looks delicious.

So a question for the maple syrup substituters...do you do a 1:1 swap for sugar? So a cup of maple syrup in place of a cup of sugar?

Getting prepped to make some Clyde Common Egg Nog, when I got to thinking: do any of you guys have any great virgin nog recipes? Does such a thing exist?

Latest posts