Tor de Geuze

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunt1

Reaction score
Figured I would get this thread started since I know some Talkbeer folks will be attending. Let's get an official roll call going and start discussing itineraries, accomodations, travel, etc. Anybody interested in going out to Fantome to visit danyP one of the days?

Oooo. This is intriguing. I'll be in Copenhagen for CBC the previous couple of days and I'm trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my trip. So tempting. Can I handle 3 straight days of drinking?

If there is a god I'll probably be barred from entering te church, I hope the parents know the type of religious education that their child is in for.

I did jokingly tell my friends we'd have some beer at the christening!

Christening by geuze?

If there is a god I'll probably be barred from entering te church, I hope the parents know the type of religious education that their child is in for.

I did jokingly tell my friends we'd have some beer at the christening!

Christening by geuze?

Blessed at the altar of Armand

I'll be there with codasnap52! So pumped about it. Any info about travelling between breweries would be helpful. Do people recommend the bus?

The Gueuze Society, in partnership with Lambic.Info, is pleased to announce the availability of two additional bus routes for the Toer de Geuze on May 3, 2015.

These bus routes will leave from, and return to In de Verzekering tegen de Grote Dorst in Eizeringen. Details are on the Geuze Society and Lambic.Info Toer de Geuze event page. There are two additional bus routes:

Route 1:
* Tilquin
* Boon
* Hanssens
* Oud Beersel
* 3 Fonteinen

Route 2:
* Lindemans
* 3 Fonteinen
* Hanssens
* Boon
* Tilquin

Bookings are at http://www.corporate-communication.net/geuze/index.php. Note that after you sign up, you will need to pay separately per the provided instructions.

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you on the Toer de Geuze 2015!

Anyone here already we're doing a bottle share one block away from Moeder with a few Belgians on Saturday and are looking for others to join!

Multi-Year Bump on this thread. This year's Toer De Geuze will be May 7th, a Sunday. I've got my flight booked, and as this will be my first Toer, I'm looking for any advice from all the Toer veterans or locals. I land in London Friday at noon, and plan on taking the train to Brussels, arriving that evening. Are there any bottle shares planned yet? Recommendations for places to check out? (It's my first Belgium trip, period. So other than Cantillon, I'm not sure of the good spots..)

Thanks in advance, and hope to see many of you there!

Multi-Year Bump on this thread. This year's Toer De Geuze will be May 7th, a Sunday. I've got my flight booked, and as this will be my first Toer, I'm looking for any advice from all the Toer veterans or locals. I land in London Friday at noon, and plan on taking the train to Brussels, arriving that evening. Are there any bottle shares planned yet? Recommendations for places to check out? (It's my first Belgium trip, period. So other than Cantillon, I'm not sure of the good spots..)

Thanks in advance, and hope to see many of you there!
Is there an official announcement of the date or any other details? I think I'll be in Brussels that weekend so I may have to move a few things around to make sure to be there.

Is there an official announcement of the date or any other details? I think I'll be in Brussels that weekend so I may have to move a few things around to make sure to be there.

This is what I found: http://www.horal.be/en/welcome

"The 11th edition of the Toer de Geuze will take place on
Sunday 7th May, 2017. "

Figured Horal was a pretty official source.

This is what I found: http://www.horal.be/en/welcome

"The 11th edition of the Toer de Geuze will take place on
Sunday 7th May, 2017. "

Figured Horal was a pretty official source.
Very cool. Wonder what it's like. Can anyone on this thread who's been give a summary of what Toer de Geuze entails? I found some videos of previous events but none are in English.

Very cool. Wonder what it's like. Can anyone on this thread who's been give a summary of what Toer de Geuze entails? I found some videos of previous events but none are in English.
I went in 2015. 4 guys in a car driving from brewery to brewery. Lots of people do the buses, but we liked being able to go in and out as we please. Hanssens had tokens for pours, including a 1yo lambic pour out of the barrel. 3F was pretty boring, pouring the basic beers and doing tours of the new brewing facility and old barrel room. I would recommend going this year though. With the new facility and investor backing I'd expect their part of the Toer to be much better. Oud Beersel had a brand new tasting room among all the old stuff, which was fun to see. They also were doing a bbq outside of sausage and two pigs. Lindemans was a massive party, also doing tokens for pours. Their packaging line is IMPRESSIVE. Boon is huge, but not nearly as big as Lindemans. They opened up their facility with a walk through similar to going through Stew Leonards. At the end was a tent to drink and a tent to buy bottles.
For the most part it seemed like there were lots of locals who have done the Toer, and wanted to hang out and party at their local brewery. Then there were new tourists hitting up as much as they could.
If I could go this year I'd try to hit De Troch and Tilquin. De Troch has been doing more traditional lambic lately. We didn't go to Tilquin because we went to the English Beer Fest held there, but I'd want to get the full tour.
Bus or drive, you'll have a great time. I didn't drink a lot (I was the driver), and really can't get drunk on lambic anyways.

Thanks for the summary. It sounds like the only tickets required are for the bus shuttles. For the brewery tokens, do you buy those at each brewery or beforehand somewhere else? Also, it looks like lambic.info had an event after the TdG last year. Anyone go to that?

Thanks for the summary. It sounds like the only tickets required are for the bus shuttles. For the brewery tokens, do you buy those at each brewery or beforehand somewhere else? Also, it looks like lambic.info had an event after the TdG last year. Anyone go to that?

It wasn't so much an event as a bus with our name on it. Not sure what (if anything) we'll be doing this year!

Wasn't there a bbq afterwards at In de Verzekering Tegen de Grote Dorst? I thought I saw that somewhere.
You buy tokens at each brewery.
There was a bbq. It was on the church green across the street from grote dorst. I didn't go. It was really crowded.

A wee bump, tickets for the buses go on sale on Weds 1st March.

Anyone have the routes/buses from 2015? I've only got pre-Tilquin from 2011 which isn't great.

It's over two days, so hopefully Grote Dorst doing buses on the Sunday which start/end there to plug gaps from a Saturday route...

We had a great time at the 2017 Toer, so a group of us are going back this year. Bus tickets went on sale much earlier this year and are close to selling out, according to HORAL. We're on Bus 8 Saturday and Bus 10 Sunday. Anyone else going?

IMG-20190424-104836.jpg

I can't wait !

I did this this year and it was great. We booked a bus route that went to Lindeman's, Boon, Tilquin, and Timmerman's. Lindeman's was kind of lame, but all the other stops were a lot of fun, and I would recommend TdG to anybody.

I did this this year and it was great. We booked a bus route that went to Lindeman's, Boon, Tilquin, and Timmerman's. Lindeman's was kind of lame, but all the other stops were a lot of fun, and I would recommend TdG to anybody.
I thought people generally liked Lindemans because they let you blend your own Geuze. Was that not the case when you went?

How was Boon? I did TdG 2 years ago and really enjoyed Hanssens and Tilquin and didnt think Timmermans was all that good except for the rich history.

I thought people generally liked Lindemans because they let you blend your own Geuze. Was that not the case when you went?

How was Boon? I did TdG 2 years ago and really enjoyed Hanssens and Tilquin and didnt think Timmermans was all that good except for the rich history.

The blending thing at Lindeman's was neat in theory (though I chose not to get one), but there just wasn't much I wanted to drink. Other than the straight-up lambic they had on draft, everything else was their super syrupy sugary fruited stuff.

I loved Boon. They really had a great setup, and a huge variety of interesting and/or vintage stuff available. I think they had all of the Vat stuff, which was exciting.

Timmermans was the last stop, so maybe I was just feeling very good, and thus had a better time there as a result, but yeah, the history of the space was tremendous. There was actually a freshly filled cool ship full of hot wort that we walked right past on the tour, which is a thing I had never gotten to experience up close. Like, I was in the room with it, and could have dipped my arm into that thing if I wanted to. So that was fun.

As an aside, Tilquin and Timmerman's also did not charge people to use the bathroom, whereas Lindeman's and Boon did. It was only 0.20 euro, but that was kind of jarring as an American. Seems cruel and predatory to let people drink a ton of beer and then charge them to piss. I was more forgiving of this practice at Boon, as again, I had more fun there. But it felt like a ******** move.

Back